Instant Pot Burrito Bowl- Instant Pot Mexican Chicken and Rice recipe made with store bought salsa, black beans, Chicken Breast, veggies and cheese!
What could be better?
One Pot wonder where you dump everything in the instant pot and walk away.Okay except for the cheese because you want that final meltilicious moment!
If you like Cheesy rice, you can also try my Mushroom Parmesan Rice.It’s a one pot complete dish- perfect for weeknights!
This Mexican chicken and rice recipe is a keeper for sure.The rice is perfectly cooked in a premade sauce.Which means it’s quick,fuss free and on the table before you blink!
It’s a great time and effort saviour especially when you have to feed your family on weeknights!
Ingredients for Instant Pot Burrito Bowl
- Basmati Rice
- Store bought Salsa– whatever brand you like!
- Veggies- Corn & bell peppers
- Black Beans
- Chicken Breast-sliced
- Cheese- Mix of Monterey Jack Cheese and Cheddar
- Cilantro or any fresh herb
How to make Instant Pot Burrito Bowl
4 words- Dump everything and GO!
Step 1: Prep your veggies
Step 2:Dump Chicken, veggies, beans, salsa and water in the inner pot.Mix it up.
Step 3: Add Rice on top.Give it s slight nudge and press is below the liquid.DO NOT MIX!
Step 4: Pressure Cook for 10 minutes on HIGH with the valve at SEALED position.
Step 5: Quick Release and Open.Let the instant pot go into KEEP WARM.Mix it all up.Add Cheese and put the lid back.Wait for 10 minutes till the cheese melts.
Step 6: Garnish with Cilantro and EAT!
Tips to make Instant Pot Mexican Chicken and Rice
- DO NOT mix up the rice before pressure cooking.This will make sure the rice grains are separate and not overly soggy.This way, chicken and veggies get higher pressure.
- Cheese- You can leave out the cheese altogether if you want.
- To Double the recipe – Simply double the ingredients!Make sure there is enough room int he pressure cooker though!
Variations of Instant Pot Mexican Rice
- Instant Pot Vegan Taco Bowls– Omit using chicken and cheese.Reduce the water by 1/4 Cup.
- Dairy Free Taco Bowls– Omit using dairy cheese.You can replace it with nutritional yeast if you want.
- Instant Pot Meat Taco Bowls– Substitute the chicken with a meat of choice.
More recipes like instant pot mexican rice
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
Don’t forget to tag #yellowthyme on Instagram if you try my recipe I feel AWESOME when you try one of my recipes and I’d love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too!
- Add the Chicken,Drained Black beans, Corn Kernals, Bell peppers,Water and Salsa to the inner pot.Mix it up together.
- Add the Rice on top.Do not mix but gently press it down so the rice is under the water.
- Close the lid.Select PRESSURE COOKER on HIGH for 8 minutes with the valve in SEALED position.
- Quick Release the Pressure Cooker.
- Add cheese and Close the lid again for 1 minute till the cheese melts.
- Garnish with Cilantro and serve hot!