Instant Pot Pasta Primavera- Veggie loaded pasta made with simple pantry ingredients.
This Pasta is Lactose Free & Meatless.It can easily be made completely dairy free and Vegan by substituting parmesan cheese for nutritional yeast.You can also make it Gluten Free and Paleo by switching the type of pasta you use.
Ingredients for Instant Pot Pasta Primavera
- Pasta- Bite Sized pasta-Use bite sized pastas for this dish.Something like Penne or even rigatoni.You can also use Whole Wheat,Gluten Free,Paleo Pasta.The cooking time remains the same! Yes you heard that right!
- Water or Vegetable Broth
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil- Use Good Quality Oil.
- Dried Herbs
- Cherry tomatoes
- Vegetables- Broccoli, Carrots, Zucchini, Asparagus,Peppers
- Parmesan Cheese or Use Nutritional Yeast
How to make Instant Pot Pasta Primavera
Step 1: Prep
Cut all the vegetables into 2 inch pieces each.This size will keep the veggies crunchy instead of turning them into a mush.
Step 2: Pressure Cook on HIGH pressure
Add water or broth, garlic, olive oil, salt, pasta, cherry tomatoes and vegetables like carrots that need to be cooked for longer.
Pressure cook on high for just 1 minute.After the 1 minute is over, let the pressure release for 5 minutes before you Quick release and open the pot.
Step 3: Keep Warm for 5 minutes
Mix it all up. Add all the other vegetables-bell peppers, zucchini, broccoli and parmesan cheese.Give it a mix.
- If you like your vegetables el dente- Switch to the KEEP WARM setting and let everything sit inside for 5 minutes.
- If you like your vegetables well cooked – Pressure cook on low pressure for 1 minute and then quick release.Make sure there is enough water for the instant pot to come to pressure.
Other Instant Pot Pasta Dishes
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
Don’t forget to tag #instantpotdishes on Instagram if you try my recipe I feel AWESOME when you try one of my recipes and I’d love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too!
You can also join our community of instant potters to discover share and connect with likeminded people.
- 8 ounce Penne Pasta rigatoni
- 1.5 Cups Water or Vegetable Broth
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Carrots
- 3 Cloves Garlic Slivered
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 Cup Mixed bell peppers
- 1/2 Cup Zucchini
- 1/2 Cup Broccoli
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- Add Oil, Garlic, Water(or broth) and salt to the inner pot.Give it a mix
- To this, add the pasta.Make sure it's 90% under the liquid.
- Add the carrots and Cherry tomatoes on top.Close the lid.
- Select PRESSURE COOK for 1 minutes on HIGH with the pressure valve at SEALING position.
- Once 1 minute is over, let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes and Quick release the pressure after that.Open the pot and give it a mix.
- Add the zucchini ,Broccoli,Parmesan Cheese(reserve 1 tbsp for garnish).Close the lid again and let it rest in KEEP WARM setting for 5 minutes.
- Open the pot, garnish with fresh herbs and Parmesan.Serve immediately.