Roasted Red Pepper Tomato Sauce - Homemade, super versatile red bell pepper and tomato sauce.One EPIC sauce for your Pizzas, Pastas AND to drizzle over chicken or tofu or anything really!Whole 30,Paleo, Gluten Free Sauce.
With this tucked away in your refrigerator, you can ace any weeknight dinner!
What is Roasted Red Pepper Tomato Sauce
This is also a vegan, gluten free, whole 30 and paleo compliant recipe.It's a very skinny sauce and the calories of your dish depend on how you use it.
I like to make roasted tomato red pepper sauce in bulk and keep using it through the week. The recipe I have written below gives around 800-900 ml of thick red sauce.
Ingredients for Oven Roasted Tomato Sauce
Ingredient list for Sauce
- Ripe Tomatoes
- Red Bell Peppers
- Italian Herbs - Fresh or Dried.
You can use either dried herbs or fresh ones.I always use red slightly over ripe local tomatoes for this recipe.
How to Make Roasted Red Pepper Tomato Sauce
Step 1: Prep- Roughly Chop the tomatoes and onions into chunks. Cut the bell pepper into large chunks.Cover a whole garlic bulb in foil.
Step 2:Arrange them in a baking tray.Place the tomatoes first.Add the peppers skin side facing up on top.Place the covered garlic on the side.
Step 3:Bake in the oven at 200 degrees C or 400 F for 40-60 minutes till the bell peppers are charred.
Step 4: Remove from the oven.Let it cool slightly.If you like remove the skin of the bell peppers.I sometimes skip this step.
Step 5: Puree everything together with some salt, olive oil and italian seasoning.
More Pasta Sauce Recipes
Some Great Pasta Recipes for you
- Prepare a baking tray by covering it with aluminum foil.
- Roughly cut the tomatoes, peppers and onions into large pieces and place them on the prepared tray.
- Cut the whole garlic bulb from the middle. Don’t bother pealing or separating the cloves. Sprinkle some oil and salt. Wrap it in a square of aluminum foil.
- Place the chopped tomatoes and onions on the tray.Top it with the red peppers, skin side up.Tuck the covered garlic on the side.Sprinkle with sauce and drizzle the olive oil
- Bake for 50-60 minutes at 200 degree C or 400 F till the red peppers are charred.
- Optional-Peel away the burnt skin of the red peppers.
- Squeeze the garlic from the roasted garlic bulb.
- Add all roasted vegetables to a blender. Add the herbs. Blend together for a chunky or smooth sauce.
- Check the seasoning and adjust salt and chili as per your liking.
- Store in airtight jars in the fridge for 1 week.