Instant Pot Quinoa Bowl- Black Bean and Quinoa burrito bowl made with Enchilada sauce and loads of crunchy veggies.Healthy, hearty and full of good stuff!
This bowl literally takes just 2 minute of pressure cooking time.It’s SUPER fast and super delicious!
This recipe is very forgiving. You can add whatever veggies you want and if you are feeling decadent, top it with some cheddar cheese and you make a quinoa casserole in no time!
Ingredients for Instant Pot Quinoa Bowl
- Quinoa- Black or White
- Enchilada Sauce- Store bought or made at home.This is recipe the recipe that I follow to make my own enchilada sauce.
- Veggies- Bell Peppers,Sweet Corn(or shucked corn) work well.
- Black Beans- Depending on where i am with my weekly prep, i either use beans that i cooked on my own or just use canned.Feel free to use any kind of beans you have at hand.
- Spices- Paprika is the only spice i used because the enchilada sauce has tonnes of it anyways.
- Onion- You can use red, yellow or white.
How to make Instant Pot Quinoa Bowl
This is a super Dump and GO sort of a instant pot recipe.
Step 1: Prep
Wash your veggies and dice them small.Wash the quinoa too.I learnt this the tough way.Trust me.My dish was all muddy and had that horrible muddy crunch to it because there was residue in the quinoa.So wash it! Always!
Step 2: Pressure Cook
Literally just throw all the ingredients in.Mix it up and pressure cook for 2 minutes on HIGH pressure.
Step 3: Pressure Release
Wait for 5 minutes after the 2 minutes of pressure cooking is done.Quick Release and open.
If you want to add cheese, add it now and close the instant pot for another 5 minutes in the KEEP WARM setting.
If not, fluff up the quinoa with a fork and serve!
Here are some more Quinoa recipes for you
Here are some more DUMP and GO Instant Pot Recipes
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
Don’t forget to tag #yellowthyme on Instagram if you try my recipe I feel AWESOME when you try one of my recipes and I’d love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too!
- Add the Bell Peppers,Corn Kernals,Cooked Black Beans & Quinoa to the inner pot of the instant pot.
- Add Salt ,Water, Enchilada Sauce,Olive Oil and Paprika.Give it a stir.
- Close the lid and select PRESSURE COOK for 2 minutes on HIGH pressure with the pressure valve in the sealing position.
- 5 NPR- After 2 minutes of pressure cooking are over,Let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes, after which quick release the pressure.
- Open the pot,Fluff the quinoa with a fork and serve hot.