How to Cook Quinoa in Instant Pot– Cook Fluffy Quinoa every single time in just 1 minute!
Quinoa is super healthy and you can do SOOO much with it! I always have cooked quinoa on hand..cause you never know when you need a quick salad, right?
Why make Quinoa in Instant Pot?
I have three reasons for this
- It’s Fast & doesn’t need baby sitting
- You don’t have to soak it to get rid of the bitter un digestible coating.In fact pressure cooking quinoa is the traditional way of cooking it.
- You get the same result EVERY single time!
How to Cook Quinoa in Instant Pot
Quinoa to Water Ratio in Instant Pot
This is easy.It’s always 1:1 which means 1 cup of quinoa needs only 1 cup of water in the instant pot.
If you find that dry, my suggestion is to go with 1:1.25 ,which means 1 cup of quinoa needs only 1 & 1/4 cup of water in the instant pot.
Step by Step Method
Step 1: Prep
Wash the quinoa before using.This is important to get rid of impurities or any sediments.
Step 2: Pressure Cook
Dump the washed quinoa along with equal amount of water.Close the lid and set the instant pot to PRESSURE COOK on HIGH for 1 minute.The instant pot will take 5-10 minutes to come to pressure based on the quantity of water and quinoa.
Step 3:Quick Release
Quick release after the instant pot beeps.Open the lid and fluf the quinoa up.Serve hot or pack up and refrigerate for later.
Meal Planning with Quinoa
You can divide cooked quinoa into 1/2 or 1/4 cup portion sizes and freeze.A quick defrost and your healthy carbs are ready for any hunger emergency.
Here are some Quinoa recipes for you
How to Cook Quinoa on Stove top.
Add washed quinoa and twice the amount of water in a sauce pan.Cook on Medium flame with the pot covered.
HOW MUCH DOES 1 CUP OF QUINOA MAKE?
1 Cup of uncooked Quinoa makes roughly 3 cups of Cooked Quinoa.Which in my opinion is 6 portions.
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
Don’t forget to tag #instantpotdishes on Instagram if you try my recipe I feel AWESOME when you try one of my recipes and I’d love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too!
You can also join our community of instant potters to discover share and connect with likeminded people.
- 1 Cup Quinoa
- 1.25 Cup Water
- Wash the quinoa to get rid of any residual dirt or particles.
- Add the washed quinoa to the inner pot of the instant pot.Close the pot.
- Select PRESSURE COOK on HIGH for 1 minute with the pressure valve in SEALED position.
- 10NPR- Let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes, after which Quick Release.
- Open the instant pot. Fluff up the quinoa.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight contained for later.