How to Steam Broccoli in Instant Pot- Perfectly cooked, crisp Broccoli every time!
This method is fool proof and is great when steaming broccoli in bulk or meal prepping for the week.
Steaming broccoli in instant pot takes the guessing out of cooking broccoli.
How to Steam Broccoli Instant Pot
The best way to steam broccoli in instant pot is using a steamer basket like this or a foldable steamer basket like this one.You can use these steamzer baskets for a lot of other things also- like steaming potatoes or carrots or boiling eggs.
If you don't want to buy a basket, you can also use the trivet that comes with the instant pot.
Here is a Super Easy Chart to help you cook your broccoli
|Texture of Broccoli||Time||Release|
It takes about 10 minutes for the whole process- including the time it takes for instant pot to come to pressure.
Instant Pot Broccoli without Steamer Basket
If you don't have a steamer basket then simple cook the broccoli using the trivet which comes with the instant pot.
It's just slightly inconvenient, especially if you are steaming a lot of broccoli but it works well enough!
You can use this technique to steam other vegetables also.As a rule of thumb, most vegetables(cut into bite size pieces) need only 0 minutes to cook.Especially veggies like Mushroom,Spinach,Bell Peppers and Baby Corn.
Larger Vegetables like a whole Cauliflower, potatoes, sweet potatoes etc take slightly longer time.
How to Steam frozen broccoli instant pot
You can also cook frozen broccoli florets straight from the freezer in a similar way.All you need to do is account for the fact that frozen broccoli will take slightly more time to cook than room temperature fresh broccoli.
Select the PRESSURE COOK option on HIGH PRESSURE for 1 minute and Quick Release the pressure after 1 minute is over.
More Instant Pot Recipes like this
- 4 Cups Broccoli Cut into Florets- Fresh or Frozen
- 1 Cup Water
- Add 1 Cup of water in the instant pot.
- Use a steamer basket or the rack that came with the instant pot.
- Place the broccoli inside the instant pot.Close the lid.
- For Fresh Broccoli - Select PRESSURE COOK on HIGH for 0 minutes*(Check notes for details)
- For Frozen Broccoli - Select PRESSURE COOK on HIGH for 1 minutes*(Check notes for details)
- Once the Instant Pot beeps, Quick Release the steam & open the lid.Remove the steamer rack with a tong or silicon gloves.