Instant Pot Honey Garlic Glazed Carrots – Gorgeous Garlicy Honey Carrots with Thyme and butter.Perfect side for Thanksgiving or Christmas Dinner.
These instant pot glazed carrots are perfectly steamed using the STEAM function and then lightly sauted in butter, garlic and honey.Adding fresh herbs like thyme boost the flavour to the next level.
If you are looking for more instant pot vegetable side dish recipes, you should also try Insta Pot Mashed Sweet Potatoes.It is DELICIOUS !
It’s super easy to throw a fancy dinner now.No need to labour for days anymore.You can literally make all your mains and sides in the instant pot within a fraction of time!
What do you need to make Instant Pot Glazed Carrots
Carrots – can also use baby carrots
Fresh Herb like Thyme or parsley
How to Cook carrots in instant pot
Step 1: Prep Carrots -If using large carrots, peel and dice the carrots.Slice them diagonally to make them look pretty.
You can also use baby carrots and save on the prep work.
Step 2:Steam the Carrots– Place the carrots in a steamer basket.Add 1 cup of water in the instant pot, place the steamer basket inside the instant pot.Close the lid, Select STEAM for 3 minutes with the valve in SEALED position.After the cooking cycle is over Quick Release the pressure.
Steam for 4 minutes if you want to make softer carrots.If you want to mash the carrots, steam for 6 minutes.
How to make Instant Pot Honey Garlic Carrots
To make the honey garlic carrots, you do another step after steaming the carrots.
Step 3: Saute the Steamed Carrots– Empty the inner pot of instant pot.Discard the water and dry the pot with a cloth or kitchen towel.Select SAUTE function. When the pot is HOT, add butter, garlic and thyme. Saute for 30 seconds.
Tip in the steamed carrots and mix till the carrots are coated with butter and thyme.Add Honey and salt.Continue to saute for 1 minute.
Saute for longer if you want some more color on the carrots.
Garnish with parsley and serve hot or warm.
Tips to make Instant Pot Glazed Carrots
- Slice the carrots diagonally.Try to keep the thickness equal.This will make sure that all the carrot pieces cook at the same time.
- Drizzle some left over butter, garlic mix over the carrots just before serving.
- Make these carrots ahead of time, microwave just before serving.
Here are some more instant pot side dishes
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
Don’t forget to tag #yellowthyme on Instagram if you try my recipe I feel AWESOME when you try one of my recipes and I’d love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too!
- 1 lbs Carrots Whole Baby carrots or diced carrots
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Garlic
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tsp Thyme
- Salt as per taste
- Add 1 cup of water to the inner pot of instant pot.
- Place the steamer basket* with baby carrots inside.Close the lid.
- Select STEAM for 2 minutes on HIGH.
- Quick release when the time is up.Open the lid and take the carrots out.
- Clean out and wipe the pot dry.
- Add Butter.Once it melts, add garlic & Thyme.
- Add the steamed carrots and carefully coat them with the garlic and butter.
- Add Honey and salt.Mix together. Saute for another 30 seconds.
- Garnish with your choice of herb.