Instant Pot Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Butter,Garlic and parsley.
These are heaven! Just pure buttery, garlicky heaven! I can eat these everyday- for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
This recipe makes you feel so lucky, just to be able to scoop that creamy mashed sweet potato with a tiny bit of melted butter, ah, just PERRRFECT!
This recipe has a permanent spot on my thanksgiving and Christmas dinner! SCRATCH THAT- any dinner actually!
Okay let me explain now!
What do you need for Instant Pot Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Parsley(Or any other herb you have)
- Pressure Cooker.I use the instant pot.
- Basket or a trivet for the sweet potatoes.
How to make Instant Pot Mashed Sweet Potato
Step 1: Place the Peeled and Sliced Sweet potatoes and Garlic Cloves in the steaming basket.Pour 1 cup of water in the pot.Pressure Cook on HIGH for for 20 minutes.If you dice the sweet potatoes smaller, you can get away with 15 minutes.
Step 2: Discard the water.Add the sweet potatoes to a large bowl.I used the inner pot of my 3 qts instant pot.When it's still hot, add butter,1 tablespoon milk, fresh herb and salt.Mash it into your desired consistency. Add more milk if needed.
Step 3: Scoop the mashed potatoes to a bowl.Swirl around with the spoon to create a pattern.Add butter just before serving.
Tips on Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Herbs- Use whatever herb you have at hand.Parsley and thyme work very well.
Make ahead mashed sweet potatoes instant pot- Make the mashed potatoes ahead of the actual dinner.Plate it in a microwave safe bowl.Swirl to create a pattern,Cover and refrigerate.Take it out before serving.Do a quick microwave,Top with butter and some leftover herbs,Serve
Flavours and toppings Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Bacon - You can top the sweet potatoes with cooked bacon for some extra oomph!
Burnt Butter & Sage- Melt the butter in a pan, let it bubble, lower the heat to minimum.Add Sage and let it infuse and brown for 10 minutes.Top the sweet potatoes with the sage butter.
Sour Cream- Switch the whole milk with Sour Cream for a creamier feel.
How to serve Mashed Sweet Potatoes
You can serve these along with some Roast Chicken or Glazed Ham.You can also serve them with some gravy.
Other recipes like Instant Pot Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- 1 lbs Sweet Potatoes Peeled and Sliced
- 1 Cup Water
- 3 tablespoon Warm Milk
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- Salt to taste
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- pat of butter to garnish
- Place the sweet potato roundels and garlic in the steamer basket*.Put the basket in the instant pot.
- Add 1 cup of water and close the lid.
- Select PRESSURE COOK on HIGH for 20 minutes.Set the valve to SEALED.
- Quick Release and open the instant pot.Check with a fork before taking it out.If needed pressure cook for another 5 minutes.
- Carefully remove the steamer basket* from the instant pot.Discard the water.
- Add butter, parsley and salt.Mash the hot sweet potatoes & Garlic to your desired consistency.Add milk 1 tablespoon at a time.Add more milk if needed.
- Spoon it in a bowl.Swirl the spoon around to create a design. Add more butter on the top as garnish