Instant Pot Roast Potatoes - One Pot , Perfectly Roasted Baby Potatoes in italian herbs and olive oil , made in pressure cooker.
This is a combination of roasting and pressure cooking potatoes.First you get the flavours going by sautéing the potatoes in oil.This will crisp up the skin which will be a great flavour carrier.
After this you pressure cook the potatoes with minimal amount of water.
Speaking of Roast Potatoes, You have to give my Crispy Smashed Rosemary Potatoes a try too! They are so crispy and fudgy at the same time!
You can also try making the hasselback potatoes- They are a cross between scalloped potatoes and roast potatoes - here are two of my fav versions!- Garlic butter hasselback potatoes & Parmesan Hasselback potatoes
Why Roast Potatoes in Instant Pot
So here is why roasting potatoes in instant pot is a good idea.
- Lesser time!
- Softer potatoes
Instant Pot Roast Potatoes Vs Baked Roasted Potatoes
Making roast potatoes in the oven takes anywhere between 40-60 minutes but these insta pot roast potatoes take only a fraction of that time.
10 minutes of saute which is frankly optional and 6 minutes of pressure.
What do you need for Roast Potatoes in Instant Pot
- Baby Potatoes with the skin on
- Olive Oil
- Italian Seasoning
How to make Instant Pot Roasted Potatoes
Step 1: Wash and clean the potatoes.
Step 2:Heat the instant pot in saute more.Add oil
Step 3:Once oil is also hot, add the potatoes and saute them till the skin blisters
Step 4: Add seasoning, salt and ¼ Cup water.
Step 5: Pressure Cook for 6 minutes on HIGH with the valve at SEALED position.
Alternate ways of making Instant Pot Roasted Potatoes
There are a couple of ways in which you can speed up the cooking process and get better results than making roast potatoes in the instant pot alone.
Quickest version of the pressure cooked roast potatoes - Basically you do the blistering of the skin on a cast iron pan and then pressure cook in the instant pot.This is more efficient because the saute function on instant pot is kind of slow , especially if you want to brown the potato skins.
For Super Crispy Potato Skin- First steam the potatoes in the instant pot and then sauté them with oil and seasoning on stove top, preferably in a cast iron pan
Steam in Instant Pot & Broil in Oven- This is a combination of instant pot and oven.You steam the potatoes in the instant pot ,toss them in seasoning and oil and then broil them at 300 degrees C in the oven.
Tips for instant pot instant pot small potatoes
- Deglaze the inner pot before pressure cooking.This will make sure there is no BURN sign.
- Keep the skin on while cooking the potatoes this way.Skinless potatoes tend to stick to the instant pot and need a lot more oil.
More Flavour Options for Roasted Potatoes
Duck Fat or Bacon Fat Potatoes
Here are more instant pot recipes
- Heat the instant pot in SAUTE mode.
- Once it says HOT, add oil.
- When the oil is hot, add the potatoes and cook for 12-15 minutes, sautéing infrequently to brown and blister the skin of the potatoes.
- Cancel Saute. Add the salt, italian seasoning and water.
- Close the lid, select PRESSURE COOK on HIGH for 7 minutes.Let the pressure release naturally.
- Wash the potatoes well before using
- Deglaze the pot with water before pressure cooking to avoid the burn notice