Instant Pot Crack Chicken-Creamed Shredded Chicken made with Cream Cheese, hot sauce and Cheddar Cheese.
This is such a versatile chicken recipe, it's keto, kids love it and it can also be used as a dip for parties! It has so many possibilities!
I have been on keto for a while and this chicken has really sorted me out! I just add an obscene amount of it in my keto bun and I am good to go!
Are you into keto too?Do leave a message if you want more keto recipes..I will definitely try and put some up.
Ingredients for Instant Pot Crack Chicken
Chicken Breast- Chicken Thighs and Legs wont shred as well but they are still an option.
Cream Cheese- The more the better.I started skimpy but i ended up overloading it because this is the stuff that will make the chicken moist and juicy!
Cheddar Cheese- Any cheddar would do here.
Parmesan Cheese-Just for that added nutty flavour.You can skip it if you want.
Water or Chicken Broth- Homemade broth works best.if not then you can use stock cubes.
Scallions or Green Onion- You can also use chives if you have.
Italian Seasoning & Salt
How to make Crack Chicken in Instant Pot
It's super simple!
Step 1: Add broth,chicken and Cream cheese in the instant pot and pressure cook for 15 minutes.
This will make this chicken super soft and shreddable.
Step 2: Add more cheese, some bacon if you please and some spring onions! And give it a nice little mix.Thats all.
Tips to make the best Crack Chicken
In my humble opinion, the best crack chicken is super creamy and cheesy.It has a distinct sour cream and onion flavour.
- Use good quality cream cheese.
- Use Colby Cheese if you can
- Add bacon!
To make the Crack Chicken on stove top
Boil the chicken breast in chicken stock till the chicken is cooked through and shreddable.
Drain the liquid, shred the chicken.
In a heavy bottomed pan, add all the other ingredients and let the cheese melt together. Add the Chicken and stir through!
If you like this recipe, try making my stuffed mini peppers recipe.It is a great keto appetiser!
Other Shredded Chicken Recipes
- Cook Bacon as per instructions.Set aside and cut it into bits.
- Add the broth to the inner pot of the instant pot.
- Place Chicken on top, add cream cheese on top of the chicken and italian seasoning.
- Close the lid and select PRESSURE COOK for 15 minutes on HIGH pressure.
- 10 NPR- After the cooking time is up, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes, after which open the pot.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and shred it with folks.Alternatively, you can use a hand whisk inside the instant pot too.
- Add the rest of the cheese- cheddar,parmesan,cooked bacon and scallions.Give it a mix.
- If the cheese is not melting well or the dish seems watery, switch to saute for 5 minutes.