I am writing this recipe before I have good pictures in hand cause I swear to you this is the best this that has happened to sweet potato all year!
If you can get your hands on the orange kind of sweet potato then I will very highly(maybe a little vehemently) recommend you to make this soup.Its a creamy butter soup which on a rainy cold day will be the perfect companion for you and your kids! I say that because I did share a non salty version of this soup with my 8 month old baby.
You can make this soup vegan and whole30 complaint by replacing the milk with coconut milk and omitting the butter.Sweet Potato Soup Burnt Butter, Garlic & Sage
About the produce-
The sweet potato that you usually get in India are the pink extremely fibrous ones.Those would not work for this recipe.You will have to look for the softer orange kinds to make this soup.
The sage is from my garden but feel free to use dried sage or in a pinch any other kind of herb.
- 1 Large Sweet Potato-the Orange kind
- ¼ Liter of Milk 250 ml
- 8-10 Sage Leaves or Dried Sage
- 8-9 cloves Garlic
- ½ tablespoon Butter
- ½ tablespoon Olive Oil
- 100 ml water
- Salt to Taste
- Black Pepper to Taste
- Remove the skin and Boil the sweet potato till tender.
- Puree it in a blender with little milk.
- Heat a pan.Add the Pureed sweet potato and milk.Heat till it boils.Add water as required</span>
- Add Salt and pepper.
- In another pan heat the oil and butter.Add minced garlic and full Sage leaves.
- Let this caramelise.The garlic should turn golden and the sage leaves will darken in colour.
- Add the burnt Butter,Garlic and Sage on top of the soup and serve hot!