Instant Pot Garlic Mashed Potatoes – Super Easy Mashed Potatoes made with the No Drain method in ONE pot.Creamy,Fluffy ,Super flavoursome Garlicy mashed potatoes which are just perfect for any occasion.
These are so so good that i am always in REAL trouble of finishing them before even dinner time!
Ingredients for Instant Pot Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Potatoes – Yukon gold or Russet Potatoes
Milk or Cream
Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes No Drain Method
This is a no drain method of making mashed potatoes, which means, you skip another arduous step of straining the potatoes, before mashing them.
Yes..i am Lazy and i like to find shortcuts..lol..They are worth it! Especially on Thanksgiving or Christmas when you have a hundred other dishes to make.
How to make Instant Pot Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Step 1: Prep
Peel and Cut the potatoes into 1 inch pieces.Peel the garlic.
Step 2:Pressure Cook
Dump the potatoes, salt and Garlic in the inner pot of pressure cooker.Add 3/4 Cup water and close the lid.
Pressure Cook for 6 minutes and Quick Release.
Step 3: Mash
Open the pot.Add butter and lightly mash with the potato masher.
Using a handwhisk or a stand mixer, whisk the potatoes, adding 1 tbsp cream at a time.Whisk for 5-8 minutes till you get smooth potatoes.
If you dont have a whisk(or simply dont want to use one),skip the whisking & mash the potatoes with the potato masher instead.
Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes Topins
Does turkey and gravy count as a top in?lol.
Okay here are my favourties!
- Crispy Bacon
- Herbs- Chives,Parsley,Thyme
- Caramelised onions
- Cheese- Parmesan or cheddar or Emmental
- Browned Butter
- Nuts- Pecans or walnuts
Other Instant Pot Side Dishes you may like
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
Don’t forget to tag #yellowthyme on Instagram if you try my recipe I feel AWESOME when you try one of my recipes and I’d love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too!
- 3 lbs Potatoes Yukon Gold or
- 1 Cup Water
- 4-5 Cloves Garlic
- 2 tbsp Heavy Cream more if needed
- 3 tbsp Butter
- Salt to Taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- Parsley or Chives to Garnish
- Peel and Dice the potatoes into 1 inch Chunks.
- Add the potatoes, water,Garlic* and Salt to the instant pot.
- Select PRESSURE COOK for 6 minutes on HIGH PRESSURE with the pressure valve at SEALED position.
- Quick Release and open the instant pot.
- Add the butter and start mashing the potatoes with a potato masher.
- Optional Step – Using a hand whisk, whisk the potatoes while adding heavy cream, 1 tbsp at a time.This will give extra smooth mashed potatoes.Add more cream to get the desired consistency.
- Scoop into a bowl, top with melted butter and garnish with chives or parsley.