Air Fryer Sweet Potato Cubes - This is easiest and fastest way of making roasted sweet potato.
I use this recipe almost every other day.I love chewy sweet potato in my salad.It keeps me full for longer.
The texture of air fried sweet potato just goes so well in a crunchy salad.It gives it the perfect contract to all that crispiness.
I find this method easier than oven baking them.For a simple reason that the sweet potatoes cook faster and more evenly.
Speaking of Roast Potatoes, You have to give my Crispy Smashed Rosemary Potatoes a try too! They are so crispy and fudgy at the same time!
You can also try making the hasselback potatoes- They are a cross between scalloped potatoes and roast potatoes - here are two of my fav versions!- Garlic butter hasselback potatoes & Parmesan Hasselback potatoes
How to air fry sweet potato cubes
Just cut the sweet potatoes into similar size cubes.i confess, its not the most easy thing to cut. A sharp knife and a lot of force makes it doable.
Do check out the video to check how i cut the sweet potato.That said, do the best you can!
The first question is to peel or not?
I dont.It's way too much work.
Besides i love it with the skin.It becomes crisper with the skin on.So i leave it on!
The second question is to add oil or not.
Adding oil makes it crisper and adds to the flavour.The seasoning sticks better to a greased potato.I usually dont add oil.
I find that I would rather use the oil elsewhere.Where the impact is more.So i usually leave it out in my everyday salad.
Though if I am making it for my child, I drizzle a bit of cold pressed oil- olive or groundnut or sesame.
How long to air fry Sweet Potato Cubes
So two things factor in here- the size and the temperature of the air fryer.
I usually keep the airfryer at 180 degrees C.Sometimes when i am in a hurry, i jack it up to 200 degrees C and then bring it down to 180 again.
I find that anywhere between 15-20 minutes work for me.I usually set the timer to 15 minutes, check how they look.Add a couple of minutes based on how crisp i want it.
In the video,I have done 15+5 minutes of total.
Seosoning Options for Sweet Potatoes
If i am making them to add to a salad, i usually skip oil and seosoning.But if this is a quick side dish for you, you can try the following seosonings
These seasonings can be pput before you air fry.
Pizza Seosoning - this one is perfect for kids!
Garlic powder,Salt and Pepper
Cumin and Salt
These seasonings need to be added after the 15 minute mark and air fried for an additional 3 minutes for the max impact!
Peri Peri Seosoning- Our favourite!
Chipotle Chilli and Lime
Honey and Chilli- I can just taste this while writing! So yum!
Cinnamon & Maple Syrup - For that Quick christmas dinner table side!
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Cubes can be eaten as a part of a salad or a as a side.I also make this when i have a bigger spread like christmas or thanksgiving dinner.It's usually a easy food for most kids.
I also make air fried Sweet potato fries very often.Especially on Sundays when everyone gets hungry at 4pm! I will write the recipe for that soon!
Air fry Frozen Sweet Potato Cubes
Sometimes whent he sweet potato is just too large for one serving, i freeze the cut cubes to make a quick side on another day.
I do this with sweet potato fries too.
Here are the tips to make that work for you!
- Freeze already cut(not airfried) sweet potato cubes in a ziplock bag
- To air fry- Make sure the pre heat the airfryer.Add another 5 minutes to the cooking time
Here are some more yummy Potato recipes for you!
- 1 Sweet Potato
- ½ teaspoon Olive Oil optional
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- Preheat the airfrier for 5 minutes at 180 degrees C (350 F)
- Wash the sweet potato under running water.1 Sweet Potato
- Using a sharp knife, cut it into ½ inch cubes.
- Toss the sweet potato cubes in salt and oil.(if using oil and salt )½ teaspoon Olive Oil, ¼ teaspoon Salt
- Add them to the air fryer basket.Close the airfryer.
- Set the timer to 15 minutes and let the magic happen.
- Set the timer to 15 minute.Shake it out at the 7 minute mark.
- At the 15 minute mark, take the sweet potatoes out.If you want it crisper then add 3-5 more minutes.
- To check if the sweet potato is done, pierce the thickest cube with a knife and check.
- You can switch up the potatoes with a lot of different seasoning and flavours.Try Cinnamon & maple syrup, Honey & chilli, Garlic powder & pepper.
Find more options in the writeup above.
- Do not over fill the airfryer- Leave some space in it so you can toss the sweet potatoes.
- Freeze the precut sweet potatoes for a quick side in just 15 minutes.I always do that when the sweet potatoes are really huge.