Instant Pot Vegetable Stock- An aromatic, rich broth made with left over vegetable scraps, water and a few spices.
This is my way of reducing waste at the end of my week.When there are only bits and bobs left in the refrigerator,some wilted,some forgotten, some downright iffy.
Well, I use them all.
Any limp herbs in the back of my fridge, fancy lettuce that I didn’t use and isn’t very crispy any more..You name it and i use it !
Once made, this broth can be used in making anything and everything.Use it whenever a recipe calls for water..be is dough to make rotis or soup or pasta sauce.
Ingredients for Instant Pot Vegetable Stock
These ingredients are just a guideline.You can change the type and amount of the ingredient as per whats available.
- 2-3 cups of vegetables or scraps- peels or pieces of carrots, belle peppers, zucchini
- 1 cup of Aromats- Use left over bits, celery ends,fennel, leek, green onion bits in any combination
- Herbs-whatever you have at hand- cilantro- roots or stems, rosemary..
- 4-5 cups of water
- Bay leaf & peppercorn
How to make Vegetable Stock in instant pot
Its quite simple.
Step 1: Assemble everything and wash.
Step 2: Add water along with all the produce to the instant pot.Pressure cook for 15 minutes, on high with the valve in sealed position.
Step 3:Let the pressure release naturally before opening.
Step 4:Strain and store.
Here are some Instant Pot Soups where you can use the stock
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
Don’t forget to tag #instantpotdishes on Instagram if you try my recipe I feel AWESOME when you try one of my recipes and I’d love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too!
You can also join our community of instant potters to discover share and connect with likeminded people.
- 2 cups Assorted vegetables left over peels,ends of carrots,zuchinni,cucumbers,peppers etc
- 1 cup Herbs- ends and stems Cilantro/Rosemary/Mint/Oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 2-3 peppercorns
- 8 cups Water
- Add all the ingredients to the pot.
- Close the lid, select pressure cook for 15 minutes on high with the valve in sealed position.
- Let the pressure release naturally.
- Strain out the spices and vegetables.
- Your vegetable stock is ready!