Instant Pot Pancake Bites- Fluffy bite sized pancake made in the pressure cooker.A great breakfast recipe that can be made in a jiffy.
Who doesn’t love pancakes, right?Just not the slaving over the hot stove!
Okay I am being dramatic but these are a great fun alternative to a regular pancake.Especially when you have to cook for more than a couple people.
These are so so delicious and spongy that they will soon become your child’s favourite breakfast.or yours!
Ingredients for Pancake Bites
Here are the ingredients for plain pancake bites.You can add your toppings like blueberries or chocolate chips as per your preference.
- Flour- All purpose flour.
- Baking Powder
- Sugar – the amount mentioned in the recipe will give you very subtle sweetness which pairs well with the sweet chocolate bits(if using) or if using syrup.
- Milk- Whole is better but 2% is also ok
- Oil to grease the moulds so that they come out easily.You can use a spray or use generous amount of coconut oil.
How to make Pancake Bites in the Instant Pot
You can make this using 1 mould or 2 moulds.This recipe is for 2 mould, you can easily halve it to make it in just 1 mould.
Step 1: Measure and Prep
Measure out the dry ingredients- flour,baking powder,Salt and sugar.Melt the butter
Step 2: Mix the Batter
Mix the dry ingredients first.Add milk, eggs and melted butter.Give is a good whisk till all ingredients are incorporated.You should’nt see any dry bits.
You can add the chocolate chips at this point.They tend to sink a little bit but not completely.
Step 3: Add Batter to the mould
Wash, dry and Grease the mold. Make sure you do this step well so the bites come out whole after cooking.I find thicker oils like coconut oil work better than thinner vegetable oil.
Add batter to the instant pot egg bites mold. This recipe should yield about 10-12 bites.If you have only 1 mold, you can halve the recipe.
Fill it only till its 3/4 way full as it will rise while pressure cooking.
Step 4:Pressure Cook
Add 1 cup of water to the inner pot if the instant pot.
Place the mold on the instant pot trivet.Cover it with the lid or aluminium foil.Lower it inside the instant pot.
Close the lid and select PRESSURE COOK for 10 minute on HIGH pressure with the valve in SEALING position.
After the time is up, wait for 10 minutes before quick releasing the pressure and opening the instant pot lid.
Other Flavour ideas for the Pancake Bites
Instead of Chocolate chips you can add
- Blueberries & Strawberries
- Tutti Fruiti
- Butterscotch chips
Here are some more interesting Instant pot recipes
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
Don’t forget to tag #instantpotdishes on Instagram if you try my recipe I feel AWESOME when you try one of my recipes and I’d love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too!
You can also join our community of instant potters to discover share and connect with likeminded people.
- 1.5 Cups Flour
- 1 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 5 tbsp Sugar
- 1 Cups Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 3 tbsp Melted Butter
- 1/4 Cup Chocolate Chips or more!
- 1 tsp Oil or Oil Spray
- Mix together the measured flour,Baking powder, sugar and Salt.(Do watch the video for more help)
- Add Eggs,Milk and melted butter.Mix it well till the batter is uniform and there are no lumps or dry flour bits.
- Prepare the 2* instant pot egg bite silicon moulds by greasing the insides.You can also use oil spray.
- Pour the batter till its 3/4 full.Add the Chocolate chips(or any other topping)
- Cover and Place them on the trivet which you get with the instant pot.
- Pour 1 cup of water in the instant pot.Place the silicon mould inside.
- Close the lid and PRESSURE COOK for 10 min on HIGH pressure.
- Let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes before opening the pot.
- Using a butter knife, scrape the sides of the mould and take the pancake bites out.