Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats- Super easy Foolproof and Hands off way of making Steel cut Oatmeal in the instant pot! This is a perfect make ahead healthy breakfast!
You could make a large batch to last you through the week or make just enough for 1 meal.
How to make Instant Pot Steelcut Oats
Step 1: Add steel cut oatmeal to the inner pot.Add 3 times the water and give it a mix.
Step 2: Select Pressure Cook or Manual on HIGH for 10 minutes.
Step 3: Let the pressure release naturally.
Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats Overnight
So my trick is to Cook Oats using the Delay button.
I add oats and water to the instant pot the night before and set the timer to 30 minutes before my wake up time.
This way i have hot ,Creamy oats, prepared just in time for breakfast!
Why Steel Cut Oats
So Steel cut oats are a super healthy way of starting your day.In fact they are a lot healthier than Instant Oats and Rolled Oats.
They are less processed and have a lot more fibre than the other two varieties.
Caution while cooking Oats in Instant Pot
This information is important and reading it will probably save you from jamming your instant pot
Oats are a Foaming Food which means they tend to rise up while cooking.This in itself is not a problem but when you cook in the instant pot, they can potentially rise way up and jam your steam valve.
So there are two things you need to keep in mind
- Do not fill more than ½ the capacity of your instant pot with oats (water included).
- Do not Quick Release.
Controlled Release- You can potentially do a controlled release but only when the oats is less than ¼ the capacity.Release the steam in short spurts, opening and closing the valve, so that the food doesn't come up through the valve.
Topping for Oats
To me this really breaks or makes my breakfast experience.I have a few Goto Topping combinations i love
- Milk(Dairy or non Dairy), Berries and Chia Seeds
- Milk, Peanut Butter,Banana and walnuts
- Milk,Chocolate Peanut butter & 2 squares of chocolate
- Stewed Fruit like apple or pear
Whats your favourite way of making it?
Here are more Instant Pot Recipes for you
- 1 Cup Steel Cut Oats
- 3 Cup Water
- Add the water and steel cut oats in the instant pot.
- Select PRESSURE COOK/MANUAL on HIGH for 10 minutes with the valve in SEALED position.
- After the cooking is over, let the pressure release naturally.
- Open the pot and top with your favourite toppings.