Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup Recipe- Vegan,Low Carb,Whole 30 and Paleo Approved Squash Soup drizzled with Garlic and Rosemary flavoured Olive Oil.
This soup is such a comfort! It feels so luscious and creamy! Though it is VEGAN, 100% Vegetables and Gluten Free. Also! The soup is Paleo and Whole 30 approved.
Ingredients for Instant Pot Squash Soup
- Butternut Squash
- Fresh Herbs
- Olive Oil
How to make Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup
Step 1: Prep
Cut the butternut squash into 1 inch cubes.Roughly chop the leeks too.
Step 2: Pressure Cook
Add the squash, leeks and half the garlic & herbs in the instant pot along with 3 cups of water or vegetable stock.Season with salt.
Pressure cook for 8 minutes on HIGH. Let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes after which, quick release.
Meanwhile, heat the olive oil on low heat, add rest of the herbs and slivered garlic.Let the herbs and garlic steep in warm oil till you open the pressure cooker.
Step 3: Puree
Discard the herbs from the instant pot.
Blend it all together with an immersion blender or let it cool a bit and blend it in a jar.Check the seasoning and add more salt if needed.
Step 4: Drizzle flavoured oil
Spoon into a plate, top with flavoured oil and coconut milk or yogurt if needed.
More Soup Recipes
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
Don’t forget to tag #instantpotdishes on Instagram if you try my recipe I feel AWESOME when you try one of my recipes and I’d love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too!
You can also join our community of instant potters to discover share and connect with likeminded people.
- 1 medium Butternut Squash cut into 1 inch chunks; about 4 cups
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Carrot cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 Cups Vegetable Stock or water
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic Thinly sliced
- 2-3 Sprigs Rosemary or Any other fresh herb
- 2-4 tbsp Cashew Cream or Coconut cream
- Add 2 cup Stock/water to the instant pot.
- Add the carrot,Garlic and Squash.Sprinkle the salt and taste.
- Close the lid and select PRESSURE COOK for 8 minutes on HIGH.
- Let the pressure release naturally*(check notes for options)
- Using an immersion blender, blend the soup.Check seasoning and add more salt if needed.
- To add flavour to the soup, heat olive oil in a pan on low heat.Add the herbs and garlic.Let it sizzle for 6-7 minutes.
- Top the soup with the flavoured oil.
- Drizzle little Coconut Milk/Yogurt or Cream if you like