Instant Pot Spanish Rice-Better than Restaurant Mexican Rice , made with onion, bell pepper and Tomatoes.
This is a Gluten Free,Vegan rice dish.You can make it into a one pot meal by adding some beans at the time of cooking.Check out my Instant Pot Burrito Bowl for a one pot Mexican rice recipe.
Fluffy Red Rice Rice or arroz Rojo, is perfect for any meal. It’s high on flavour but so so low on effort.Especially in an instant pot!
Ingredients for Instant Pot Spanish Rice
- Rice – White rice is preferred here.You can use long grain basmati rice.You can also use Brown rice but change the pressure cooking time to 20 minutes.
- Onion- Red,Yellow or White
- Red Bell Pepper
- Tomato Puree or pasata- You can use 2 tbsp of tomato paste instead.
- Cumin- Ground Cumin
- Paprika- Or any other mild chilli
- Garlic- Fresh or powder
- Jalapeno- This is optional.I added 1/4 of 1 jalapeno.
How to make Spanish Rice in Instant Pot
Step 1: Saute
Select the saute function and heat the instant pot.Once the pot is “Hot”, add oil and saute the onion and bell pepper till translucent. Just about 3-4 minutes.
Step 2: Pressure Cook
Add the tomato puree, rice, garlic & spices- cumin, oregano, salt, paprika.Add 1 +1/4 Cup of water.Give it a mix.
Close the lid and pressure cook for 6 minutes on HIGH with the valve closed.
After the time is over, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes before quick releasing the pressure.
Open the pot, fluff the rice with a fork.
Garnish with cilantro and serve
Other Instant Pot Mexican Recipes
More Instant Pot Rice Recipes
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
Don’t forget to tag #instantpotdishes on Instagram if you try my recipe I feel AWESOME when you try one of my recipes and I’d love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too!
You can also join our community of instant potters to discover share and connect with likeminded people.
- Select Saute Mode.Add Oil once it’s hot.
- Add onions and bell peppers and saute till translucent. About 2-3 minutes.Cancel Saute.
- Add tomato pasata(or puree or paste),garlic,salt,spices- cumin,oregano,paprika and jalapeno. Add 1.25 cups of Water(check notes) & Rice and mix.
- Close the lid.Select PRESSURE COOK for 6 minutes on HIGH with the pressure valve CLOSED.
- After the cooking time is over, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes before releasing the pressure manually(Quick Release)
- Fluff the rice with a fork,garnish with cilantro and serve