Instant Pot Carrot Soup- Quick and Simple Carrot & Ginger Soup, made in the pressure cooker in just 10 minutes!
A super comforting soup which is high on taste and low on calories!This soup recipe is Vegan, Gluten Free and Low carb.
It also freezes very well.In my house, carrot soup is a constant source of comfort.
This particular recipe is a classic carrot and ginger soup.You can play around with the flavours and swap ginger with garlic, chilli paste, thai curry paste, lemon grass.You could also make a plain version of it and jazz is up with toppings.
Our favourite toppings are croutons, fried onions and toasted slivered almonds.
Ingredients for Instant Pot Carrot Soup
Frankly, this whole section is not required because there are but 5 ingredients in this soup.
- 1 pound Carrots- Peeled and Chopped roughly
- 1 medium sized onion- about 1/2 cup or 50 gms, chopped up roughly
- Olive oil or Avocado Oil or butter
- Bay Leaf
You can make any soup resturant level by just adding a few toppings.Our favourites are
- Chilli Oil
- Crispy Fried Onions
- Dollop of cream- dairy or non dairy like coconut cream
- Fried Garlic
How to make Carrot Soup in Instant Pot
The steps below hold true for most vegetable soups.You can make Tomato Soup,Cauliflower Soup and Sweet Potato soup pretty much the same way
Step 1: Prep
Wash the carrots before starting anything else.You do not want gritty soup.Peel and chop it up roughly.
Peel and chop the onions.
Step 2: Saute
Select the SAUTE mode, when the instant pot reads “HOT”, add oil.To this add the bay leaf and onions. Saute till they are pink.
This step adds flavour but if you are in a hurry or converting this recipe into a freezer meal, you can skip this step and dump the oil and onions with the rest of the ingredients.
Step 3:Pressure Cook
Once the onions are pinkish,Cancel Saute. add the carrots, ginger, salt and Water or broth.
Close the pot,Select PRESSURE COOK for 5 minutes on HIGH.Let the pressure release naturally if you have the time or let the pressure release for 5 minutes, after which you do a controlled release.
In case you are making the soup in a 3 qts instant pot or doubling the recipe, make sure you do a natural release.
Step 4: Puree
Puree the soup with a handheld blender.In case you do not have one,wait for the soup to get colder and then blend it.
A Quick Tip: Add 1 cup of icecubes and keep the soup in a large pot to cool it faster.
Drizzle the soup with cream or coconut cream and serve hot.
More Instant Pot Soup Recipes
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
Don’t forget to tag #yellowthyme on Instagram if you try my recipe I feel AWESOME when you try one of my recipes and I’d love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too!
- Avocado Oil garnish
- 1 Onion small,chopped up, about 1/2 cup
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1.5 tbsp Ginger or 1 inch ginger piece sliced
- 1 Pound Carrots about 4 cups, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp Salt Adjust as per taste
- 3 Cups Broth or water
Toppings(choose any or none)
- 1 tbsp Cream dairy or non dairy
- Fried Onions
- Select the SAUTE mode and heat the instant pot.
- Add Oil and onions.Saute till they turn translucent.Cancel Saute.
- Add the carrots, ginger, bay leaf, broth and salt.Mix it up.
- Close the lid and select PRESSURE COOK for 5 minutes on HIGH.Let the pressure release naturally if you have the time.if not, then do a controlled release after 5 minutes.(Read notes for more details)
- Open the pot, using a hand blender, blend the soup into a smooth consistency.
- Serve hot.