Instant Pot White Bean Soup- Vegan Gluten Free Dump and Go instant pot soup is a quick family dinner sorted under 30 minutes.
This Instant Pot veggie soup with beans is just so comforting on a cold night.
Whether you are looking for a quick meal for the family or something uber nutritious along with dinner, this soup fits all categories .It's also a great way use up all bits and bobs of the veggies leftover in the refrigerator.
The best part though is how little work it takes to come together. The secret is in using pesto sauce and Canned tomatoes. Though if you don't have them on hand, you can use canned diced tomatoes too.
Ingredients for Instant Pot White Bean Soup
Most ingredients are pantry ingredients. The soup is also very customizable.
White Beans- or any other cooked beans if you like.You can also use any kind of red beans too.
Vegetables-Any kinds of marrow -zuchinni, peppers, carrots, green leafy veggies- kale or spinach would work too.
Flavorings - Onions, Celery and the all important but a super easy way to add oodles of flavour- pesto.
How to make White Bean Soup in Instant Pot
The soup starts with creating a base- sautéing onions and celery in olive oil.
This step adds a lot of flavor. That said, if you are running low on time, then just skip the step.
Add everything Step
Once the saute is done, just dump everything else too.Yes.It's that simple!
But after every sauté step, it's important to deglaze- Dislodge any brown caramelized bits by scrapping the bottom of the instant pot with a wooden spoon.
The faster white bean soup
The faster bean soup is just dump everything other than spinach in,set the pressure cooker and walk away. It's that simple really.
You can use frozen or pre cut veggies to avoid cutting and chopping.
More Instant Pot Soups
Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup
Also here is another of our most visited bean recipe- Instant Pot Quinoa Bean Chili
Find us on Instagram , Pinterest & Facebook here!
If you liked my recipe, do leave a comment!
t will help others find this amazing recipe too!
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Onion chopped
- 1 Celery ½ Cup, Chopped thin
- 2 Carrot diced, about 1 cup(100 gms)
- ½ Zucchini diced, about 2 cups(300 gms)
- 7 Ounces Canned Diced Tomatoes* about 200 gms
- 7 Ounces Canned White Beans*(haricot or navy) Drained and Rinsed
- 1 tablespoon pesto sauce
- 4 Cups Vegetable Stock or Water
- 4 cups Fresh Spinach* 250 gms or 8 ounces
Dump & Start Method
- Add onions ,carrots, celery in one layer in the inner pot.
- Add the beans and all other veggies(except Spinach) on top of it.
- Pour in the vegetable stock ,Olive Oil, salt and pepper.
- On top of all of this, add the tomatoes, select PRESSURE COOK at High Pressure for 3 minutes. Close the pressure valve.
- Let the cooking time finish, wait for 5 minutes before quick releasing the pressure.
- Open the pot ,taste the soup, add more salt if needed. Add spinach, close the pot and let it wilt in the residual heat of the instant pot.
Extra Flavor Method
- Heat the oil in the SAUTE mode.
- Once the oil is hot, add onions, carrots and celery and sauté till they turn slightly brown.
- Add rest of the ingredients- Vegetable stock ,vegetables ,beans ,tomatoes, pesto sauce, salt and pepper. Give it a mix.
- Close the lid, select PRESSURE COOK for 3 minutes on HIGH pressure with the pressure valve closed.
- After the cooking time is over, wait for 5 minutes before quick releasing the pressure. Add spinach and close the lid again so it wilts.
- Taste and season with more salt if needed
This soup was SOOO GOOD!!!! I made it for myself and 2 9yr olds!! They both loved it!! Definitely will be in my soup rotation!!! I made my own beans from dried great northern beans! Definitely double carrot and celery content!! I used a small zucchini, because I wasn’t sure I would like it in a soup— next time I’ll definitely get a large one!! Excellent recipe!! Thank you!!!
nice...i will try doubling the veggies too..:D