Quinoa Chocolate Cake - Gluten Free Blender Chocolate Cake made with cooked Quinoa, Eggs, Coconut Oil & Orange Juice!It is Dairy Free & Grain Free!
Don't make it cause you want something gluten free..make it cause you want something super Chocolatey and fudgy.
Ingredients for Quinoa Chocolate Cake
Super Simple Ingredients!
Oil- Coconut Oil or Vegetable Oil
Sugar- White,Brown or Coconut sugar
What is Quinoa
Quinoa is technically not a grain but a seed from the amaranths plant.It's been touted as a superfood because of its nutrient profile and the fact that its gluten free makes Quinoa a perfect replacement for Wheat and rice.
It is also the least allergy causing "grain" making is a great alternative for people suffering from Gluten Allergies added to the fact it has an excellent amino acids profile, making it a complete protein source.
If you aren't into quinoa or just cant get it or dont want to buy it,dont fret.I have some more awesome chocolate recipes for you! Try my Decadent Flourless Chocolate Cake or Eggless Chocolate Cake.
Dietary details of Quinoa Chocolate Cake
This cake doesn't contain any dairy so it's lactose free.
It also has no wheat or gluten and hence it's a great option for people on gluten free diets.
It's a Chocolate cake that is not only heavenly(like seriously from the heaven!) and nutrient dense at the same time.Though it has an extremely decadent taste and feel ,it's way more healthy than a traditional chocolate cake.
Tips to make the best Quinoa Chocolate Cake
The first tip as usual is to use the best quality ingredients you can afford.This especially holds true for the Chocolate you use because that will define how dark and decadent the cake turns out.
If you like the cake on sweeter sidewise milk chocolate but like me if you are a fan of darkness and decadence, use at-least 50 % dark chocolate and above.
The cake is soft and moist and in its own right amazing.In my opinion the drizzle of chocolate ganache was an over kill and not required but that said if the frosting is what melts your heart, then make a thin ganache and pour it over the cooled cake.
I made the cake in a bundt pan because I love the way it looks.The particular pan I have used it from Nordic Ware.It's the best brand for bundt pans.
Here are some More Quinoa Recipes for you
Some Healthy Cake Recipes
- Boil the Quinoa as per the packet Instructions.¾ Cup of dry Quinoa will yield about 3.5 Cups of Cooked Quinoa.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or a microwave.Cool it a bit till it's not just warm.
- In a blender,Add the cooked quinoa first followed by orange juice, eggs and then rest of the ingredients along with the melted chocolate.
- Blend till you get a smooth batter-like a smoothie.The more you blend the better the texture of the cake.So take your time here(about 5-10 minutes) and keep scraping the sides with a spatula.
- Prepare a baking tin.If using a bundt cake-brush the sides with oil and sprinkle cocoa powder so that the cake comes out easily.
- Bake the cake for 50 minutes at 180 degree C or 350 degree F.
- Remove & Place on the wire rack.Let it cool before removing from the baking pan.