Instant Pot Salsa Chicken – One Pot Shredded Mexican Chicken or Taco Chicken cooked with salsa, frozen Corn and Beans.It’s a super simple Dump and Go recipe.
It also freezes well. In fact, you can dump all the ingredients in a freezer bag and freeze it for a quick weeknight dinner!
This delicious Saucy shredded Chicken goes so well with anything- from rice to Tortillas to plain old lettuce!
Dietary Details of Mexican Shredded Chicken
This Chicken is very versatile.You can make it Whole 30,Paleo and Gluten Free by omitting the beans and using a compliant Salsa.
Serve this with almond flour or cauliflower tortillas for a super healthy, low carb Meal.
Ingredients for Instant Pot Salsa Chicken
- Chicken Breast
- Store bought Salsa
- Frozen Corn
- Precooked Beans- Canned or Boiled in instant pot.
- Taco Seasoning
How to make Instant Pot Salsa Chicken
Step 1: Add 1/4 Cup of water to the inner pot.
Step 2: Place the chicken over it.Sprinkle the taco seasoning and add the salsa.Also dump on the top- Corn and Cooked Beans.DO NOT MIX
Step 3: Pressure Cook on HIGH for 9 minutes.
Step 4:wait for 5 minutes and then Quick Release, Open the instant pot.Remove the chicken and shred it using forks or use a hand Whisk.
Step 5: Put it back in the sauce and give it a good mix.
Tips for Instant Pot Salsa Chicken
Burn Message– There is a chance of burn message appearing if you do not add the 1/4 Cup of water before adding the chicken. This can also make the chicken watery, especially if the salsa is thin or if the chicken has too much water in it.
Watery Chicken– If the dish turns out watery, you can make it thicker using the SAUTE function.Also, Make sure you drain the beans completely before adding them to the pot.
How to serve Mexican Shredded Chicken
This Salsa Chicken is so flavoursome, i could eat it with anything.I wont lie, but I have wrapped some with a few wedges of avocado in my chapati(Indian Flatbread) too.So in my mind there is no right way to serve this.
But, here are some options
- In a Tortilla with some lettuce, onions and maybe some Mexican cheese.
- Over Some Cilantro Rice,Quinoa or even plain basmati rice.
- Inside a warm dinner roll with some sour cream.
More Instant Pot Chicken Recipes
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
Don’t forget to tag #instantpotdishes on Instagram if you try my recipe I feel AWESOME when you try one of my recipes and I’d love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too!
You can also join our community of instant potters to discover share and connect with likeminded people.
- Add 1/4 Cup of water in the inner pot of the instant pot.
- Place the Chicken Breast on top of the water.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp of taco seasoning on top of the chicken.Add the salsa on top of it.
- Add the Frozen corn and black beans on top of everything.
- Close and Select PRESSURE COOK for 9 minutes*** on HIGH.
- Once the cooking time is done, let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes before quick releasing the pressure.
- Open the pot, take the chicken breast out.Shred using two forks.
- Put it back in the instant pot.Give it a good mix and garnish with cilantro.
The major reason for the burn notice is brown caramelized bits on the pan.
No Deglazing- Burnt bits left in the pan after sautéing. When you make a recipe that calls for sautéing or browning before pressure cooking, make sure you deglaze. Deglazing is a way of getting more flavor but in this case, more importantly it’s to avoid the burn notice.
To deglaze– After you have finished sautéing, add the liquid to the pan and using a wooden or silicon spatula, rub the bottom of the pan so all burnt bits get mixed up in the liquid. Only after than, pressure cook.