Instant Pot Panang Curry– Thai Red Curry made with Chicken Breast,Red curry paste and vegetables.
This is a quick take on a classic using a pressure cooker.It’s a two step process.First step is to pressure cook the chicken in the red thai curry paste and the second step is to add the coconut milk and vegetables.
The whole process should take you less than 15 minutes.
Ingredients for Instant Pot Panang Curry
This is a quick and easy thai curry which gives me an instant fix of my thai craving.For that reason,it has very limited ingredients.
- Chicken Breast- cut into thin strips.You can also use shrimp for this.
- Red Thai Curry Paste- I have used store bought.
- Vegetables-You can use a mix of Bell Peppers, Bok Choi, Beans, Carrots, Broccoli, Mushrooms
- Coconut Milk
- Fish Sauce- For the extra umami- Skip this if you don’t have it.
- Sugar- Palm Sugar or Brown Sugar
Though I think making curry paste at home is the way to go..ideally..but i cant be bothered to spend an extra half an hour in the kitchen at this point.
Everything in the kitchen now is about shortcuts and a store bought curry paste is just that- an amazing shortcut.Though if you like, you can make it on your own using my thai red curry paste recipe.
How to make Panang Curry in instant pot
Step 1: Prep
The prep here is super quick. In fact the only work in this recipe is to cut the chicken into thin strips.
The vegetables just need a rough chop.
Step 2:Pressure Cook
In this step, you first saute the red curry paste in some oil to release all the flavours and re awaken the chillies.
Add the chicken, water, fish sauce and salt.Pressure cook for just 3 minutes and Quick release after 5 minutes of natural pressure release.
Step 3: Saute
Open the instant pot.Add the coconut milk and all the vegetables.Cook them in the saute mode for 3-4 minutes till the vegetables are just done.
Tips to take the Instant Pot Thai Red Curry to next level!
Add a few more aromatics if you have them to take this curry to the next level.
- 1 stalk of Lemon grass- bruised
- handful Thai Basil leaves.If you can’t find thai basil, use italian basil.
- Lime Juice
- Kafir Lime Leaves
More Asian Instant Pot dishes
More Instant Pot Chicken Recipes
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
Don’t forget to tag #instantpotdishes on Instagram if you try my recipe I feel AWESOME when you try one of my recipes and I’d love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too!
You can also join our community of instant potters to discover share and connect with likeminded people.
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil or any other oil
- 2 tbsp Red Curry Paste increase this to 3 tbsp if you like your food spicy.
- 1 Chicken Breast* cut into thin strips
- 1 tbsp Fish sauce optional
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 14 oz Coconut milk about 3 cups
- 1 tsp Palm Sugar Brown Sugar
- handfull Thai Basil leaves or italian basil
- 1/2 Lime juiced
- 1/2 Cup Red Bell Pepper and yellow
- 1/2 Cup Pok Choi
- 1/4 Cup Beans large
- Add Oil, Saute. Add Curry Paste and cook.
- Add water,salt,fish sauce and deglaze.Make sure there are no burnt bits left.
- Add chicken.Mix.Pressure cook for 4 minutes
- Quick Release.Open and swift to saute.Add veggies and coconut milk.Mix and cook for 3-4 minutes till the vegetables have wilted but are still crisp.Serve over Rice.
- Add lime juice and basil.