Instant Pot Egg Fried Rice – Quick Veggie loaded Egg Fried Rice made in the pressure cooker within 30 minutes! Gluten Free and Vegan Friendly!
Sometimes a simple fried rice is all I need after a long hectic day!
It’s easy to put together and quite frankly there are a lot of shortcuts that can help you cut the prep time!
This is my shortcut recipe of making Egg Fried Rice.By no means is this the authentic or even the right way of making fried rice BUT it is the fastest and most efficient!
Ingredients for Instant Pot Fried Rice
- Rice – I used Basmati rice because it’s quick to cook.Brown rice takes a lot more time to cook because of which you will end up overcooking the vegetables.
- Vegetables – Feel free to use frozen mixed vegetables.If you want to use green leafy vegetables like Bok coy or Cabbage , you can add them at the end and steam them using the keep warm setting for just 5 minutes or you can stir fry them on stove top and add to the rice at the end.
- Eggs-I used 3 eggs but i think this recipe will work fine with upto 5-6 eggs.If you are looking for a vegetarian or vegan option- feel free to leave egg out or swap it with Tofu or Edamame.
- Oil– Toasted sesame oil adds a tonne of flavour to this dish though you can also use olive oil or avocado oil.
- Condiments– I have kept this simple- just soy sauce and sriracha.I use a combination of light and dark soy sauce but you can use any kind.You can also use coconut aminos or tamari for a gluten free version.
- Chilli– Though i haven’t added any because we make one meal for everyone in the family, feel free to add some chilli paste if you like!
How to make Instant Pot Egg Fried Rice
Step 1: Wash and prep the vegetables and rice.
Step 2: In the Saute mode, cook the onions till they are translucent.
Step 3: PRessure cook- Add rice,sauces and water.Mix well.
Add the vegetables on the top.Do not mix.Pressure cook for 5 minutes on LOW.
Step 4: While the rice is cooking , scramble the eggs in a pan.Open the pot, Add the scrambled eggs and scallions to the cooked rice.Mix and seve!
Diet Details of Egg Fried Rice
Instant Pot Egg Fried rice is Meatless.You can make is Gluten Free by using tamari or Coconut aminos.
To make a vegan version– simply omit the egg or replace with tofu.
Other Instant Pot Rice Recipes
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
Don’t forget to tag #yellowthyme on Instagram if you try my recipe I feel AWESOME when you try one of my recipes and I’d love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too!
- 1/2 Cup Carrots
- 1/2 Cup Peas
- 1/2 Cup Red Pepper
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tbsp Oil
Instant Pot Method
- Choose the SAUTE setting and Once the pot says "HOT" Add Ghee/Oil to the inner pot of instant pot.
- To the hot oil, add the onions,Ginger and garlic.
- Add the sliced onions and brown them for 3-4 minutes till they are caramelised and look brown.(Not Black but like a goldenish to chocolate brown colour).
- Mix together- Water,Soy Sauce,Vinegar & Sriracha .Add to the inner pot.
- Add Rice,Give it all a mix.
- Add frozen vegetables on top.Do not mix.
- Cancel the SAUTE function. Select PRESSURE COOK at LOW for 5 minutes with the Pressure valve at SEALED position.****
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan.
- Break the eggs.Whisk them.
- Add to the pan and gently fold them inside and scramble.Keep them soft.
- Open the instant pot after the pressure has subsided.
- Add the scrambled eggs and give a mix.
- Garnish with Scallions and serve hot.