Instant Pot Crispy Honey Garlic Potatoes- Sticky,Crispy Baby Potatoes with Sriracha, Garlic and Honey.
These are so addictive!
Made with the simplest ingredients ever- Potatoes,Sriracha(or any hot sauce),garlic and Honey.
You can make these Potatoes VEGAN by using maple syrup or agave nectar instead of Honey.It is also GLUTEN FREE and GRAIN Free.
These Honey Chilli potatoes can be served as an appetiser or as a side.
Ah! potatoes! So many things you can do with them!!
Ingredients for Instant Pot Honey Garlic Potatoes
- Potatoes- Small Potatoes are preferred because they are lesser work but if you have large potatoes, cut them into 1 inch cubes and you are good to go!
- Honey- Use Maple Syrup or agave nectar for a Vegan version
- Sriracha- You can use any Hot Sauce
- Chilli- Chilli Flakes give a nice contrast to the honey.If you don't like spicy food,you can skip this ingredient.
- Olive Oil or any other oil of choosing.
How to make Instant Pot Crispy Potatoes
Step 1: Prep
Wash and Scrub the potatoes.I usually keep the peel on but if you dont like that,then feel free to peel the potatoes.
If using Large Potatoes- you can Peel and cut it into 1 inch cubes.
Step 2: Pressure Cook
Pressure Cook the Potatoes with Water or Vegetable broth in the instant pot.
Quick Release and discard the broth.
Step 3: Crisp Up
Option 1: Saute in Pan
This is the option that suits me because i find it faster.Just add oil,Toss the cooked potatoes till the water evaporates.
Add the Honey,Garlic, Sriracha, Salt and Chilli Flakes.Toss till all the potatoes are coated and caramelise for 2-3 minutes.
Option 2:Bake in Oven
Other option is to toss the potatoes with Olive Oil,Salt,Honey, Sriracha, Chilli flakes and Garlic.
Arrange on a baking tray and broil till it's crisp and caramalised.
Crisping up in instant pot is not really advised because the potatoes will stick to the steel insert.They will not crisp up as well using the other ways.
Tips & Tricks to make Instant Pot Honey Garlic Potatoes
Type Of Potatoes- Red Potatoes will work very well in this recipe.Yukon Gold will work great too
Cast Iron Skillet -A well seasoned cast iron skillet is your best bet for browning Vegetables and meat.
Other Instant Pot Potato Recipes
- 1 lbs Small Potatoes
- ½ Cup Vegetable Broth or Water
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- Wash and scrub the potatoes and Halve them.If using big potatoes, cut it into 1 inch cubes.Leave the peel on.
- Add the potatoes,Vegetable broth and Vegetable Broth to the instant pot.
- Close the pot and Select PRESSURE COOK for 7* minutes on HIGH PRESSURE with the Steam valve in SEALED position.
- Quick Release after 6 minutes
- Remove the potatoes and drain.
Crisping up Potatoes in Skillet
- Add the olive Oil to a skillet.Tip in the cooked potatoes.
- Cook one side for 1-2 minutes till the moisture evaporates.
- Add honey, sriracha, minced garlic and Chilli Flakes.Toss the potatoes in it.Add Salt as per taste.At this stage the potatoes will caramelise fast, so keep an eye.
- Garnish with Fresh herbs like parsley or Cilantro
Crisping up Potatoes in the Oven
- Preheat the oven to 200 C or 400 F.
- Meanwhile, In a small bowl, mix together the oil, honey, sriracha, minced garlic and salt.
- Toss the cooked potatoes in the dressing.
- Place them in one layer on a baking tray, cut side on top, lined with parchment paper or silicon mat.
- Place them on the top rack and broil for 10 minutes till they are crisp.