Instant Pot Peanut Chicken– Thai Chicken dish with Coconut Milk,Peanut Butter, lemon Grass and Vegetables.
Delicious creamy coconuty sauce with crispy, just done veggies.My kind of dinner!
This with some steamed rice or even cauli rice! Ah such heaven!
Dietary Details of Peanut Chicken
This Chicken recipe can be made Paleo and Whole 30 complaint by replacing Peanut butter with Almond butter and Soy Sauce with Coconut aminos.
It is also Gluten free when used Tamari instead of Soy sauce.Also it is keto friendly!
Ingredients for Peanut Chicken
- Chicken Thighs cut into 1.5 inch bite sized pieces
- Coconut Milk
- Dark Soy Sauce OR Coconut Aminos OR Tamari
- Ginger- You can pound or grate it
- Garlic- You can pound or grate it
- Sriracha or Sambel Olek or Chilli paste – Use Sriracha if you cant tolerate heat and sambel olek if you like your food spicy
- Lemon Grass- Pound or chop it up very well
- Kaffir Lime Leaves
- Peanut Butter or Almond Butter- Use Natural if possible.
- Quick Cooking Vegetables- Snap Peas,Bell Peppers, Brocolli, Squash
- Lime or Lemon Juice
- Crushed peanuts or almonds to garnish
- Cilantro for garnish
How to make Peanut Chicken in Instant Pot
For exact measurements scroll down to the recipe card.
Cut the Chicken into bite sized pieces; about 1-1.5 inch pieces.Cut the veggies and mince the Ginger and Garlic.
You can also used packaged ginger garlic paste instead.
If you can’t find lemon grass and Kafir lime leaves, you can skip it.Though it adds oodles of flavour to the sauce.
Make the Peanut Butter.Here is a great peanut butter recipe from scratch.Toast & Crush the peanuts
One Heads up– Peanut butter is thick and tends to burn very easily.That’s the reason we put the peanut butter right on top in the end.
Add all the Sauce ingredients except the peanut butter to the inner pot.Place chicken on top.Scoop the peanut butter on top of it all.Close Lid, Pressure Cook on HIGH for 6 minutes.
There is a reason for not mixing the sauce and leaving out the peanut butter for the last.Peanut butter burns very easily which will give you a BURN message.So it’s best to put it right on the top and layer the Sauce(sans peanut butter),Chicken and Peanut Butter in that order.
Quick release the valve and let the pressure cooker go to KEEP WARM mode.Add Lime Juice and Vegetables.Close the lid again. Rest for 3 minutes.
If you find the sauce too thin for your liking, reduce it further using the SAUTE mode.
How to serve Thai Peanut Chicken
Ah the best part!
Serve this Peanut Chicken curry on top of Steamed rice or even cauli rice!
I would garnish this heavily with cilantro, lime and crushed peanuts.
More Peanut Butter Recipes
More Instant Pot Chicken Recipes
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
Don’t forget to tag #instantpotdishes on Instagram if you try my recipe I feel AWESOME when you try one of my recipes and I’d love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too!
You can also join our community of instant potters to discover share and connect with likeminded people.
- 3 Chicken Thighs cut into 1.5 inch cubes
- 2 Cups Coconut Milk 13.5 Ounce Can
- 2 tbsp Dark Soy Sauce Coconut Aminos to Paleo/Whole 30 ot Tamari
- 1 tbsp Ginger minced
- 1 tbsp Garlic minced
- 2 tbsp Sriracha* or Sambel Olek or any other chilli paste
- 1 tbsp Lemon Grass Minced
- 3-4 Kaffir Lime Leaves Skip if you can’t find or use dry
- 1/2 Cup Peanut Butter** Almond Butter to Paleo/Whole 30
- 1 Cup Snap Peas
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice
- 2 tbsp Peanuts Toasted & Crushed
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro
- Add- Coconut milk, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, sriracha, lemon grass, kaffir lime to the inner pot of the instant pot.Basically all Sauce ingredients except Peanut butter.
- Mix it up and add the chicken thighs on top.Mix.
- Scoop in the peanut butter on top of the chicken.DO NOT MIX.
- Close the lid and SELECT PRESSURE COOK on HIGH for 5 minutes**** with the vent in SEALED position
- Once the cooking time is up, Quick Release and let the instant pot go into “KEEP WARM” mode.
- Open the pot,Add the lime juice, bell peppers and Snap peas.Mix it all up.Close the lid and let it sit for 2-3 minutes so that the vegetables steam a bit but stay crisp.
- Open the lid, garnish with crushed peanuts and coriander
- Serve with Steamed Rice or Cauliflower Rice