Instant Pot Mushroom Risotto – Creamy Italian Rice recipe using Arborio rice, Parmesan Cheese and Mushrooms.Vegetarian,Gluten Free Instant Pot dish.
Cheese, rice and mushroom- how can you ever go wrong with it?!This is such a gorgeous, luscious risotto recipe that you will be making it again and again!
No Stirring the pot, no waiting for the stock to get absorbed, no fuss!
Ingredients for Mushroom Risotto
- Arborio Rice- High Starch rice used to make Risotto
- Olive Oil
- Italian Seasoning
- Vegetable Stock or water
- Parmesan Cheese
Vegetables- You can add any other vegetables like carrots, asparagus etc in the same way as mushrooms.
You can also add fast cooking vegetables like frozen peas or small florets of broccoli along with the parmesan cheese in the end.
How to make Instant Pot Mushroom Risotto
Step 1: Prep
Measure and set aside all the ingredients.Chop the onion and mushrooms.
Step 2: Saute
Heat the instant pot using the SAUTE function.Once the instant pot reads HOT,add oil and butter.
Add onion and saute till it’s translucent.Add the garlic and italian seosoning.Mix.
Add the rice and saute till its coated with oil and butter.
Step 3: Pressure Cook
Add the mushroom,salt,pepper and vegetable stock.Close the lid, cancel Saute.
Select PRESSURE COOK for 7 minutes on HIGH with the pressure Valve closed.
Step 4:Keep Warm
After the time is up,Open the pot.Add the cheese and mix.
Let the instant pot go into KEEP WARM for 1-3 minutes, till the cheese melts.
Tips and Tricks to make best Instant Pot Mushroom Risotto
Make your own Stock– Make your own stock with left over ends of carrots, not so gorgeous looking old vegetables, wilted herbs and peels and scraps from the vegetables by simply boiling it together for 15-20 minutes.
Add Veggies– I personally like mine loaded with vegetables.I would add peas, asparagus, carrots to this.
Add Protein– if you want, top the mushroom risotto with sautéed shrimp or scallops or grilled chicken.
More recipes like Instant Pot Mushroom Risotto
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
Don’t forget to tag #instantpotdishes on Instagram if you try my recipe I feel AWESOME when you try one of my recipes and I’d love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too!
You can also join our community of instant potters to discover share and connect with likeminded people.
- Select the SAUTE mode and heat the instant pot, till it says “HOT”
- Add Olive oil and butter.To this add onions and saute till translucent.
- Add the Garlic,Italian Seasoning and Saute.
- To this, add the rice and give it a mix, so the rice is covered with butter and oil.
- Add the mushroom, salt and stock.Cancel SAUTE
- Close the instant pot lid, select PRESSURE COOK/MANUAL for 6 minutes.
- Quick Release after 7 minutes.Open the lid.
- Add the cheese and give it a mix.Close the lid again and let the instant pot go into KEEP WARM setting.
- Let it sit for 1-3 minutes so that the cheese melts completely.