Ragi Cookies– Eggless Ragi and Whole Wheat Butter Cookies perfect for Kids!These Millet Cookies are Refined Sugar Free and Refined Flour Free!
Why Eat Ragi?
Ragi is an Indian Super Food.It is a Millet thats packed with nutrients.It has more than 80 times calcium than wheat and rice!
You can read more about it in my post on how to add Millets in your diet.
Ingredients for Ragi Cookies
- 1/2 cup Finger Millet flour* Ragi or Nachni Flour
- 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup Butter Chilled; cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup Jaggery powder/ Brown Sugar or Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla essence
- Chilled Milk as required. about 6 tbsp; Add in 1 tbsp increments
A note on Ragi Flour – Ragi flour becomes bad very fast.Make sure you use a new pack of it for this recipe.
A note on Sugar– If using jaggery – make sure you use good quality powdered Jaggery.You can use brown sugar or coconut sugar too.
How to make Ragi Cookies
Step 1: Measure all the ingredients.
Cut the butter into small cubes.
Step 2: Mix the dry ingredients together.Rub the butter in the flour mix.Use your thumb and forefinger to press the butter and mix it in the flour.
IT will look incomplete and clumpy and thats what we want.
Add vanilla essence and chilled milk, 1 tbsp at a time.Do not Knead it but just barely bring it together.
Step 3: Chill the Cookie dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to overnight.(You want the butter to solidify)
Step 4: Roll the dough on a flat surface.Cut out the shapes you like.Place on the cookie sheet.
Step 5: Preheat the oven at 180 degrees C or 365 F.While the oven preheats, put the cookie sheet in the refrigerator.
Step 6: Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes till cooked.The time may change based on how large the cookies are.
More Healthy Cookie Recipes
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
Don’t forget to tag #instantpotdishes on Instagram if you try my recipe I feel AWESOME when you try one of my recipes and I’d love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too!
You can also join our community of instant potters to discover share and connect with likeminded people.
- Mix together the flours, baking powder and sugar.
- Add vanilla essence to this mixture.
- Rub & pinch the butter into the flour mixture.Use your fingers and thumb and rub the butter and flour in between your fingers so that the butter and flour starts to clump toghether.
- Continue doing so till the butter is almost incorporated coarsely into the flour.It should look clumpy.
- Add milk mix everything together. Do not over knead but just combine everything together.
- Cover in cling wrap or in a bowl with a lid.Keep in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Roll the dough as in the picture.Cut out using cookie cutters.Place on butter paper lined cookie sheet.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degree or 365 F.
- Bake at preheated oven for 12 minutes* till they are just starting to change colour and are slightly firm.
- The cookies become crisp when cooled.
Baking time is for 1/4 Inch small sized flat cookies.This time will change based on the size of the cookie.