Healthy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies made with Quick Oats,Whole Grain Wheat Flour & Honey.These cookies are refined sugar and flour free!
They are great for kids!
Once you become a mom, cookies become essential to life…or at-least now you have a reason for baking so many of them.
As much work motherhood is ,it's also a nice smoke screen for gorging on desserts and those extra love handles…As a rule of thumb..you can blame pregnancy for everything.(ah such perks!)
These are healthier cookies than the store bought preservative leaden cookies with a long list of un unpronounceable ingredients.
How to make healthy oatmeal raisin cookies
- Step 1- Mix the Dry Ingredients - In a large bowl mix together the Oats, whole wheat flour, baking powder,Salt and Cinnamon.Mix together.
- Step 2- Mix the Liquids- Whisk in the egg, oil, vanilla extract and Honey in another bowl.
- Step 3- Making the Cookie Dough -Add the egg mixture to the large bowl containing the dry ingredients.Mix well together.Add the raisins.Refrigerate for ½ an hour.
- Step 4: Baking - Preheat the oven to 180 degree C or 365 degree F.Scoop out the batter,place on a prepared cookie sheet.Bake at 180 degrees for 12-14 minutes.Let them cool completely before serving.
Variations of these healthy oatmeal raisin cookies
I have made a version of these oat cookies with dates for the baby cause they are a power source of fortifying iron and good for digestion.
You can substitute raisins with chocolate chips, almond flakes,pecans or pistachios.I used soft dates also because my baby doesn't have teeth yet.(Okay he has 2 teeth.)
Instead of honey or maple syrup, you can use liquid jaggery also.To make liquid jaggery boil ¼ cup jaggery in ¼ cup water till it dissolves and strain it before using in the recipe.
Healthy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies with Quick Oats
The oats that you use here, need to be the instant or quick oats.
Texture wise these cookies are soft and chewy.If that's not your deal then you can bake these cookies into flat disks instead of domes(As in picture) to get a crisp cookies.
They store well in airtight container for upto 4-5 days.
More Cookies like Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- In a large bowl mix together the Oats,whole wheat flour, baking powder,Salt and Cinnamon.Mix together.
- Whisk in the egg, oil,vanilla extract and Honey in another bowl.
- Add the egg mixture to the large bowl containing the dry ingredients.Mix well together.
- Lastly add the Raisins
- Refrigerate for ½ an hour.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 12-14 minutes.Let them cool completely before serving.
To make crisp cookies-make them thin and flat and bake for the same amount of time.