How I wish I could twist and turn the words and sound all funny like MrsFunnyBones.She is my all time favourite Indian writer.Her wit and sarcasm has no comparison in my literary world.Though I confess that my literary world isn’t that wide cause though I might have read quite a few books(in my time) they were mostly junk about some stupid Viking or a Rodeo.Maybe then I would have had better luck describing these Healthy Banana Raisin Muffins.
How I wish I had held the hand(figuratively off course!) of Salman Rushdie instead of Johanna Lindsay,then I would have sounded way more witty on this blog then my current wordless state.
Putting aside my lack of writing skills today I present to you another healthy baked goodie-Super Healthy Banana Raisin Muffins without any added sugar ,with whole grain flour.Banana Raisin Muffin
These Healthy Banana Raisin Muffins are Sugar Free and by that I mean there is no added refined sugar, jaggery,artificial substitute or stevia.The sweetness in these muffins comes from the two extra ripe banana we add in it. They are refined flour free so you all get the goodness from the whole wheat.
Because these are sugar free and salt free they can be given to babies too(8 m and above).When you are a new mother, your biggest task is to feed your baby.I have shared a few more healthy cookie and muffin recipes that are very easily adaptable to be given to babies and kids- Healthy Oats and Raisin Cookies,Healthy Buckwheat Cookies & Ragi Chocochip Cookies, Healthy Whole Wheat Blueberry Lemon Muffins & Healthy Cheese Muffins.
Tastewise they are Soft,Pillowy and have mild sweetness.If you would like it sweeter you are free to add brown sugar/jaggery or white sugar to it.(Any liquid form of sugar may alter the chemistry.)
- 2 Medium Sized Banans
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/4 cup/65 ml Water
- 1/4 cup/65 ml Coconut oil/Refined Oil
- 1 cup/125 g whole wheat flour or Aata
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup Black Raisins/Sultanas
- Mash the bananas in a large bowl
- Add the water, oil,egg and combine well.
- [cap id="attachment_3425" align="aligncenter" width="169"]Add all Wet ingredients[/cap]
- Fold in the flour, baking soda & baking powder into the wet mix.
- [cap id="attachment_3425" align="aligncenter" width="169"]Add All Dry Ingridients[/cap]
- [cap id="attachment_3425" align="aligncenter" width="169"]Mix[/cap]
- Prepare a Muffin Tray.Scoop in the batter to the 3/4 capacity of the muffin.
- [cap id="attachment_3425" align="aligncenter" width="169"]Prepare for baking[/cap]
- Bake at 180 degrees for 20-22 min