The Ultimate Moist Banana Bread- Super easy, whole wheat banana bread recipe using oil.
You can never have enough Banana Bread recipes.Especially in times like these when you are short on ingredients.
It's the No Gimmicks Banana Bread with intense banana flavour which leaves you in no doubt about the flavour of the bread.
Inspite of me tinkering with the base recipe beyond recognition, this is probably the best banana bread I have ever had.
Ingredients of Ultimate Moist Banana Bread
This is a banana bread with oil which, not only makes it super moist, but also! You don't have to use your precious perishable butter in making this bread.So that's a huge help!
Also! you get to use your over ripe bananas which is always a plus!
Here are the ingredients and alternatives
- 3 large very Ripe Bananas
- Flour- All Purpose Flour or Whole Wheat or Multi Grain Flour.
- Oil- Coconut Oil/Canola Oil or any other neutral oil
- Sugar- Brown/White or Jaggery
- Fresh Cream- Sour Cream or Thick Yogurt
The Banana Bread photo you see, was made with a mishmash of all ingredients.
How do you make Banana Bread
This is a simple baking recipe.You don't need massive skills here.What you do need is a whisk(a fork would do in dire circumstances),2 big bowls,1 oven dish.
The first thing to do is preheat your oven.This is important otherwise your banana bread will come out lopsided.
Second thing is to line the oven dish.You can use a bread pan or a cake pan.Always line the pan with butter paper or parchment paper.
For this recipe, Start by mashing the bananas.Add eggs, oil, cream, vanilla extract and whisk them till combined.Add the Sugar after this and whisk.
In another bowl, measure and mix the flour, baking soda and salt.
Dump this in the wet mixture and give it a good mix.The batter is not super thick.It's slightly thicker than a smoothie.
Pour the batter in prepared pan.
Make sure the oven is preheated to 160 degrees C or 320 F. Place the pan with the batter inside the preheated oven in the middle rack.
How long to bake banana bread
Bake for 55-65 minutes till the skewer inserted comes out clean.
If baking in a loaf pan, the time to bake will probably by around 60-65 minutes but if you bake it in a cake pan, the time will be 55 minutes.It depends on the depth of the pan.
Here are my other Banana Recipes
- 3 Large Bananas Super Rips with black spots
- ½ Cup Oil Coconut oil or Canola oil
- 2 Eggs
- 4 tablespoon Cream
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¾ Cup Brown Sugar or Jaggery or White Sugar
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- ⅔ Cups All Purpose Flour/Maida
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- Preheat the oven to 160 C or 320 F.
- Line a loaf pan* with parchment paper.
Make the Batter
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas.
- Add Oil & Eggs and give it a good mix with a whisk.You can use a stand or a hand mixer.
- Add the cream,Vanilla extract and Sugar.Whisk till its creamy and well combined
- In another bowl, measure and mix the flours, salt and baking soda.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet mixture and combine well to make a batter.
- Pour the mixture in prepared pan.
- Place in the middle rack and bake for 55-65 minutes.
- Insert a skewer or a clean knife to check if the cake if fully cooked.If the skewer or knife comes out wet, bake for another 10 minutes.
- Take the bread out, keep on a wire rack to cool for 10-12 minutes, before removing it from the pan.Let it get completely cool before storing it.