Ragi Chocochip Cookies – made with Finger Millet flour,Wheat Flour and Raw Sugar.These Cookies are eggless and great for kids!
These cookies are crisp from the outside and slightly soft inside.100 % refined flour and refined sugar Free!
I also have a great Ragi Sugar Cookie recipe thats great for cut outs!
Why Eat Ragi?
Ragi is an Indian Super Food.It is a Millet thats packed with nutrients.It has more than 80 times calcium than wheat and rice!
You can read more about it in my post on how to add Millets in your diet.
How to make the Best Ragi Chocolate Chip Cookie
These cookies are different from normal high gluten cookies- They need to be treated differently.
Step 1: Combine the flours and baking powder
Step 2: Rub cold cubed butter into it.It will turn into a coarse meal.
Step 3: Add milk little by little and get the dough toghether.Add the chocolate chips etc.
Step 4: Refrigerate your dough.
Step 5: Make small balls, flatten with your finger and bake in a preheated oven till it holds shape.
Tips to make Ragi Chocolate Cookie
First– do refrigerate the cookie dough for at-least 30 minutes in the fridge.
Second– They do not spread as much, but rise quite a bit.So its important to shape the cookies accordingly.Make these cookies small and flat.Do not scoop them using a scooper like a traditional cookie but make small balls and flatten them on the baking sheet.
Flavours of this Ragi Cookie
This recipe can be used as a basic Ragi cookie Recipe.You can add nuts(powdered nuts when giving to babies or toddlers), raisins or some spices- like cinnamon and Fennel.
I also have a Double Chocolate Chip Ragi Cookie on the blog.They are a tad bit more decadent cause of a double dose of chocolate but as healthy as these Ragi Cookies.
Here are some more Healthy Cookie Recipes
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
Don’t forget to tag #instantpotdishes on Instagram if you try my recipe I feel AWESOME when you try one of my recipes and I’d love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too!
You can also join our community of instant potters to discover share and connect with likeminded people.
- Combine the Ragi and Whole wheat flours, baking powder and sugar.
- Add vanilla essence to this mixture.
- Rub & pinch the butter into the flour mixture.Use your fingers and thumb and rub the butter and flour in between your fingers so that the butter and flour starts to clump toghether.
- Continue doing so till the butter is almost incorporated coarsely into the flour.It should look clumpy.
- Add milk and chocolate chips knead(just barely) the butter-flour mixture.Do not over knead but just combine everything together.
- Cover in cling wrap or in a bowl with a lid.Keep in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Take golf ball sized dough into your hands, form a ball, flatten with your palm and place on the baking tray.
- Bake at preheated oven for 12 minutes* at 180 degrees C.
Baking time is for small sized flat cookies.
Read more about millets and how they compare with wheat and rice on my how to introduce Millets in our diets.