Instant Pot Teriyaki Wings are plump, juicy Wings coated with homemade sweet and salty sticky teriyaki sauce.
Have you made wings in the instant pot yet? The texture of the wings is so so good.I prefer them over baking at the moment, especially because this method makes them more plump and juicy.
I have made my own teriyaki sauce but you can use store bought sauce too.In fact, if you have any other sauce that you like more, then be my guest!Here is my recipe for Instant Pot bbq Chicken Wings.
Why Pressure Cook Wings?
For the longest time,I used to grill the wings.While that is a great option, especially when compared to deep frying the wings, it dries out the wings.
The method for first pressure cooking and then charring them under direct heat will keep them juicy and at the same time caramelise it.
Ingredients for Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken Wings
If you think about it, these are just a 2 ingredient wings- the wings and the sauce.
Chicken Wings- cut into drumlets or whole.
Teriyaki Sauce- for this you need
- Soy Sauce
- Chilli Flakes
How to make Chicken Wings in Instant Pot
Thr trick to making super juicy plump chicken wings is in pressure cooking the chicken wings and then grilling them under direct heat.You can use any sauce you want but sauces with a little bit of sugar will caramelise better.
These wings can also be made Paleo, Whole 30 and Keto by just changing your sauce.
Step 1: Pressure Cook the Wings
Add a cup of water to the inner pot of the instant pot.Grab an instant pot basket or the trivet that you got with it.Place the wings in it.
Pressure Cook for 5 minutes.Quick Release.
Step 2: Coat the wings with the sauce & Grill
Place the Wings on a grilling pan.
Brush the Wings with the sauce and grill for 5 minutes at 250 C or 480 F.
Take them out again, flip and brush again.Grill for 5 more minutes at same temperature.
Remove from the grilling pan, Brush more sauce and sprinkle sesame seeds.
Tips on making Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken Wings
- Frozen Chicken Wings– You can use frozen chicken wings too.Make sure the wings are separated and not clumped together. The pressure cooking time should be increased by 1 minute to 6 minutes.
- Sauce Options– Use your favourite wings sauce.You can go wild, try bbq sauce, buffalo sauce, hot sauce,Sriracha..Really anything!
- Grill Options– Brush the grill pan with a little oil before placing the wings on it.This will make sure that the chicken doesn’t stick to it.A grill pan will make sure the chicken wings get crisp.If you do not have it, line a baking sheet with foil and proceed the same way.
Here are some more Chicken Wings Recipes
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
Don’t forget to tag #instantpotdishes on Instagram if you try my recipe I feel AWESOME when you try one of my recipes and I’d love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too!
You can also join our community of instant potters to discover share and connect with likeminded people.
- 1 Pound Chicken Wings can go upto 2 pounds with the sauce
- Add one cup of water to the instant pot.
- Place the wings on the instant pot basket.Lower it inside the pot.
- Close the lid and pressure cook for 5 minutes on HIGH with the pressure valve CLOSED.
- Quick Release and open the pot.
- Add all the ingredients to a pot.
- Bring to boil and let it reduce for 5-6 minutes.Keep whisking till it becomes thick.
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees C or 480 degree F.
- Brush the wings with the sauce on both sides.Place on a grill sheet pan.
- Broil directly under the heat for 5 minutes on one side.
- Take out and flip, brush again with the sauce and broil again for 2-3 minutes.