Delicious Apple Cinnamon Cake with a Caramel Glaze- Super Simple cake loaded with fresh apples!
This Warm Apple Cinnamon Cake celebrates the start of fall with apples and cinnamon.
There is no other spice which infuses warmth as cinnamon does.In my book cinnamon can be paired with anything be it chocolate,oranges or coffee or lemon.I love it in my curries,my cakes and my coffee!
Ingredients for Apple Cinnamon Cake
All purpose Flour or Refined Flour
Sugar- White or Brown or un processed palm sugar or jaggery
How to make Apple Cinnamon Cake
Step 1 :Prep
Prepare the pan for baking.This is a fairly large cake which would need atleast a 6 cups pan or a 10 cm round pan.Line it with parchment paper- i like to line the sides as well as the bottom.
If using budnt pan- oil the pan generously,Sprinkle all around with some dry flour.Flip the pan, give it 2-3 wacks to get rid of excess flour.
Cut the Peel,Core and Chop Apples.
Preheat the oven to 180 degree C or 350 degree F
Step 2: Mix the dry ingredients - Flour,Salt,Baking soda and Cinnamon.
Step 3:Mix the Wet ingredients - Break the eggs, add oil,milk and whisk.Add the sugar and mix it up.
Step 4:Combine the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients slowly.Combine.Add Apples.Pour into the prepared pan.
Step 5:Bake in the middle rack for 50 minutes.
Step 6: Remove from the oven.Let it cool on a cooling rack.
To make the Glaze
Just combine all the ingredients together in a sauce pan.Place over medium flame while stirring.
When it starts bubbling,
Why we love this Apple Cinnamon Cake
This cake is an amalgamation of everything good.It's the best thing that can happen to you on a rainy day.This cake slightly warm and a cup of coffee is all I ask for!
As if apple and cinnamon was not enough the caramel sauce is just so comforting that it's a food version of a cosy blanket.If you are wary of making caramel don't be.This is the easiest caramel in the history of caramels.I have used brown sugar to make the sauce which makes it ever so easy to get the perfect wintery brown caramel.
More Recipes like the Apple Cinnamon Cake
Apple Cinnamon Cake
- 3 cups All purpose flour Maida
- 1 cup White sugar*
- 1 cup Brown Sugar*
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon powdered
- 4 Eggs
- 1 ½ cup Oil
- ¼ cup Milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1 vanilla pod
- 2 Apple Peeled,Cored and Chopped
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoon butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
Apple Cinnamon Cake
- Measure and mix the flour,baking soda,salt,cinnamon and set aside.
- Cream the Oil and brown and white sugar together.Add the vanilla extract
- Break and mix in the eggs one at a time.
- Add the sugar mixture to the dry ingredients.
- Add the milk and combine.
- Mix in the apples.
- Bake in a prepared pan for 50 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Take the pan out and cool for 10 minutes.Take the cake out of the pan after 10 minutes and cool on a wire rack.
- Combine the ingredients of the glaze in a sauce pan and cook on a medium flame for 10-15 minutes while stirring.
- The sugar should have dissolved and the consistency should be pourable but thick.
- Once the cake has cooled down pour the glaze over the cake and serve warm
If you are making any changes keep an eye on the baking time as it may change.