Instant Pot Boneless Turkey Breast– Juicy Turkey Breast cooked in the pressure cooker plus a delicious silky Gravy.
Cooking a whole turkey can be frustrating but cooking a turkey breast is also a lot of work.
This method though – is Fool proof,Fast and works EVERY SINGLE TIME!
One turkey breast will easily feed 4 hungry people or more if there are a lot of sides.
Ingredients for Instant Pot Boneless Turkey Breast
Ingredients for Turkey
Turkey Breast – Boneless- about 2 pounds
Chicken Broth or Water
Ingredients for Gravy
Chicken Broth or water
How to make instant pot turkey breast roast
Step 1: Prep
Mix the spice rub together. Defrost the turkey and pat it dry.
Rub the spice mix on the turkey- on both the sides.
Step 2: Saute & Brown
Heat the instant pot in SAUTE mode.Add Oil.Let it get hot.
Place the turkey inside and brown all the sides.Takes 4 minuets per side , about 8-10 minutes total.
Step 3: Pressure Cook
Remove the turkey from the instant pot.Add broth or water and deglaze the bottom of the inner pot well.Make sure to dislodge all burnt bits to avoid the BURN sign.
Place a trivet(the one you got with instant pot) in the instant pot.Gently place the turkey on top.Close the lid and PRESSURE COOK for 20 minutes.Read about the perfect cooking time for your turkey breast below.
Instant Pot Turkey Breast Cooking time
The time you set for the turkey will largely vary based on it’s size.
Rule of Thumb for Cooking Poultry in Instant Pot
General Rule of thumb for poultry is 6 minutes per pound.So for half a pound of chicken you need 3 minutes and for 2 pounds you will need about 12 minutes.
The time required for the same quantity of turkey is a little more.Usually just a couple minutes more than chicken.
Also, turkey tends to dry out and thats the reason Quick Release is not a great option.
Frozen Turkey Breast Instant Pot Cook Time
You can also cook frozen turkey in the instant pot straight from the freezer.Timelines are given below.In this case, you can brush the cooked turkey with the spice mix after the pressure cooking and broil it for 5 minuets each side.
Instant Pot Turkey Breast Cooking Time Table
|2 Pounds||18 Min 10 NPR||32 min 10 NPR|
|3 pounds||20 min 10 NPR||39 min 10 NPR|
|4 pounds||25 min 10 NPR||52 min 10 NPR|
|5 pounds||33 min 10 NPR||65 min 10 NPR|
More Instant Pot Thanksgiving Recipes
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
Don’t forget to tag #instantpotdishes on Instagram if you try my recipe I feel AWESOME when you try one of my recipes and I’d love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too!
You can also join our community of instant potters to discover share and connect with likeminded people.
- 1 Turkey Breast Boneless(2 pounds)
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 3-4 tsp Garlic Cloves smashed
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Thyme Leaves
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Chicken Stock or Water
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Chicken Broth
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- Salt as per taste
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- Mix the paprika, smashed garlic, salt and thyme leaves.Rub the Turkey breast all over with it.
- Select SAUTE setting.Add oil to the instant pot.Once it's hot(wait for the instant pot to read HOT), Place the turkey breast in.Let it brown for 4 minutes.
- Turn and brown the other side for another 3 minutes.
- Remove the Turkey breast.
- Add Chicken broth to the instant pot.Deglaze well.
- Place the Trivet in.Place the turkey on top.Cancel SAUTE.
- Select PRESSURE COOK for 18 minutes on HIGH pressure,Valve in SEALED position.
- Let the pressure escape Naturally for 10 minutes, then Quick release.Check the temperature of the turkey with an instant read thermometer, If the turkey is not at least 165 F, lock the lid in place and continue to cook it for a few more minutes.Remove the turkey and the trivet.Let it rest till you make the gravy.
- Keep the Turkey drippings in the inner pot.Select SAUTE mode.
- Add butter and let it melt.
- Add the flour and whisk well.Whisk in the chicken broth and cream.
- Cook in SAUTE mode for 3 more minutes while whisking.
- Check seasoning and add more salt and pepper if needed.