Instant Pot Lo Mein- Asian Style Vegan Instant Pot Noodles made with simple pantry ingredients in the pressure cooker.
These Noodles are perrrfect!Slippery,Umami Noodles with oodles of vegetables! My kind of dinner!
In this recipe, you pressure cook the noodles & vegetables along with the sauce.This way you skip the boiling of the noodles, straining and stir frying.
Ingredients for Instant Pot Lo Mein
Super simple pantry ingredients
- Water or Vegetable Broth
- Vegetables- Read the note below on the kind of vegetables
- Soy Sauce
- Rice Vinegar
- Sesame Oil
- Brown Sugar
- Chilli Paste
You can use any vegetables you like here- Fresh or Frozen
When you read the recipe below, you will find that there are two cooking times- One is the pressure cooking and the other is a couple of minutes of gentle steaming.
The vegetables that need more cooking like carrots & mushrooms should be pressure cooked.Also, frozen (unthawed) vegetables need to be pressure cooked too.
Vegetables like Brocolli, Snap peas,Spinach etc should be steamed at the end gently.
Instant Pot lo mein with frozen vegetables
This Lo mein can be made with precut frozen veggies too.
Though keep in mind that frozen vegetables could be a tad more soggy than fresh vegetables.
This recipe would work when using any of the below types of noodles
Do not use instant noodles, as they will get over cooked on pressure cooking for sure.
How to make Lo Mein in Instant Pot
The cooking can be broken into 3 steps
Prep- Cut the vegetables,Make the sauce and get all the ingredients toghether.
Pressure Cooking- Layer the ingredients in the pressure cooker and cook for just 4 minutes.Quick release.
Gentle Steaming- This is the last step, where you add vegetables that can be eaten raw and Let the noodles sit in the instant pot in "Keep Warm" mode for 2-3 minutes.
To double the recipe- simply double the ingredients, keeping the cooking time same.
How to make Lo mein on the stove Top
The same recipe can be converted to a stove top recipe with a few tweeks.Boil the noodles el dente.
Make the sauce with just ¼ Cup of water(instead of 1.5 cups).Stir Fry the vegetables using a wok in 1tsp of oil.Add the sauce and the cooked noodles.
Toss well in the sauce,Garnish with Green onions and serve hot.
More Instant Pot Dinner Recipes
Here are some more instant pot recipes that you will love!
- 8 oz Noodles*
- 1.5 Cup Water or Broth
- 1 Red Bell Pepper julienned
- 4-5 Mushrooms Sliced
- 1 Carrot julienned
- ½ Cup Snow Peas trimmed
- ½ Cup Brocolli Cut into smalll florets
- ¼ cup Scallions or green onions
- High 4 minutes;QR;Mix & add veggies; cover and keep for 3 min
- Mix the ingredients listed under sauce in a bowl- Soy sauce, Vinegar, Sugar,Oil and Sriracha.Taste and adjust.
- Place the Noodles in the instant pot.Pour the Sauce over the noodles along with the 1.5 Cups of water.
- Add the vegetables that need cooking - Carrots,Red Bell Peppers,Mushroom,Baby Corn on top.DO NOT MIX.
- Close the lid,Select PRESSURE COOK for 4 minutes on HIGH.
- QUICK Release after 4 minutes are over and the instant pot beeps.
- Open the lid and Add rest of the vegetables.Give is a good mix.Close the lid back and let it sit for 3 minutes.
- Open the lid, Garnish with scallions or green onions and serve hot.