I will be absolutely frank here! The first time I set out to make these Chocolate Oats Brownies ,I had crazy jitters.I was very unsure about it.I mean how could something with oats taste decadent?
because that's what my brother wanted.Something indulgent, decadent,Dark Chocolate brownie.Basically the real stuff and not some rip off healthy version.His words..not mine!
I understood the hesitation and I understand if you are in the same kind of dharm Sankat(I mean dilemma) that I was in.
Oats do not have any gluten which means the result could be weirdly crumbly or gummy and believe me,I have made my share of cakes and cookies with gluten free ingredients.Though these Chocolate Oats Brownies that came out of the oven surprised us all! They were gooey, soft and extremely decadent!
It was like I won a prize! and not consolation prize but first prize! Seriously, if you don't tell people these are gluten free, made without an ounce of flour, they will not realise it.
It had a shiny exterior like a brownie should,a super gooey chocolatey interior and a taste that could make me give up all other brownies of this world!
I have made these almost every week on different pretexts for the last 4 weeks and I still cant believe how amazing they are.
- 1 ⅓ Cups Oats Flour about 2 cups of Quick Oats ground into a flour
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon instant Coffee
- ¾ Cup Melted Butter
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 Eggs-at room temperature
- ¼ Cup Milk
- <span class="mceItemHidden" data-mce-bogus="1"><span></span>Preheat the oven at 180 degrees.</span>
- Grind the instant Oats in a blender to make it into flour.
- Measure out 1 ⅓ Cups of oats flour and spoon it in a large bowl.
- Add the baking Soda,instant Coffee,Salt,Sugar and Mix Well.
- Next,Add in the Melted Butter,Eggs and Milk.
- <span></span>Mix everything toghether. Pour into a prepared square Brownie tin or a cake pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Let them cool completely before cutting them.The sauce in the picture is a watered down Chocolate Ganache.You can find the recipe in this post
Other Healthy but Super Decadent Recipes that you will ABSOLUTELY LOVE!
Gluten Free Quinoa Chocolate Cake