Yes instant pot is AMAZING..You save a tonne of time and effort but there are somethings that you just cannot do in it!
Thats why, before you take your instant pot out and do something with it that you are not supposed to,I suggest you read the Do's and Dont's!
What not to do in your Instant Pot
- Do not Deep Fry or Pressure Fry
- Do not force open the Instant Pot- Instant Pot has safety locks, which only open once the steam or pressure is below a certain level.So if you want to quickly open the instant pot; Release the steam first, let the pressure valve drop and then open it!
- Never fill it more than ⅔ the level.It's marked in the inner pot and its important to never overfill the instant pot.If you do that, it could potentially get jammed.
- Do not keep your instant pot on the stove.Yes, a lot of people have done that and then accidentally switched on the heat and melted the pot.(Literally!)
- Do not wash/Soak the inner heating element of the instant pot.The base of the instant pot cannot be washed.Do not accidentally put food in there and wait for it to cook.
- Never pressure cook without at least ½ Cup of liquid in the instant pot.
- Quick Release Safety - Do not Quick release with your face or any other body part over or near the steam vent.Steam burns are the worst kind of burns!
- Use Plastic or unsafe materials inside instant pot- Steel and Silicon are the safest bets to cook inside instant pot.Anything else, if ify.Even Pyrex as per the latest release from the brand.
First things to do when you buy an Instant Pot
One last thing before you start cooking in the instant pot!
Instant Pot Water Test
This is a test thats suggested by the instant pot folks.It's a simple way to familiarise yourself,Test if the pot is working and to clean it up before you actually cook food in it.
Step 1 – Plug in your Instant Pot, and Add 3 cups of water into the inner pot.
Step 2 – Lock the lid in place and turn the steam release handle to “Sealing.”
Step 3 – Select the “Steam” button and set the timer for 2 minutes.
Okay, you are set to cook in your Instant pot now!Here are some Easy recipes to get you started with the wonders of IP Cooking!
Instant Pot Rice
Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
Instant Pot Chicken Wings
Instant Pot Dal
Instant Pot Shredded Chicken
Here are some related articles about instant pot for you to further read.
Leave a Reply