Chicken in Garlic Mushroom Cream Sauce is a warm hug everybody needs once in a while!
To have this creamy, mushroomy Chicken on some herb butter rice after a tiring day will really take away all the gloom from life!
How to make Chicken in Garlic Mushroom Cream Sauce
I will be frank guys – to make this dish you don’t need to be a cook.Really! You just need all the ingredients and a pan.
I have used boneless chicken for this dish simply because the sauce doesn’t need to be simmered for long for flavour unlike a lot of Indian curries like – Nadan Kozhi Curry- Kerala Chicken Curry and Easy Creamy Chicken Curry.The cut of chicken you use will determine how long it takes to cook the dish.I use Chicken breast which takes only 6-7 minute of cooking.If you use chicken thigh, it will take slightly longer to cook- about 15-17 minutes.
Now about the mushrooms-Browning the Mushrooms is what makes this dish flavoursome.Off course, it’s the chicken and the herbs too but this takes it from a plain dish to a spectacular, restaurant level dish.
Vegan or Vegetarian Version of Chicken in Garlic Mushroom Cream Sauce
Even though this dish has chicken and cream, it can easily be made Vegan by using tofu or other vegetables instead of Chicken and vegan cream made with cashew or almond instead of dairy cream.
Replace the cream with cashew cream or thick Almond Milk(recipe here)
Replace Chicken with Vegan/Vegetarian protein – Tofu ,Tempeh or Paneer.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp Butter
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 cups mushroom
- 1 cup cream
- 1/2 tbsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth/stock/water</span>
- 1 tbsp Dried herbs/ Fresh herbs- preferred Rosemary and Thyme
- Salt to taste
- Heat the pan on high heat.
- Add the oil, once hot place the chicken breasts gently.Do not move and brown it for 2 minutes.Flip and brown this side for another 2 minutes.
- Lower the heat, cover the pan and let it cook for 2 more minutes.
- Remove the chicken breast from the pan.Add the butter.
- Once the butter has melted, add the garlic and mushrooms.Sauce on high for 1-2 minute till the mushrooms start to brown.
- Sprinkle in the herbs.
- Add the cream and the chicken broth, along with the pepper and salt.
- Bring to boil.Place the chicken breast in the sauce and simmer for 1 minute.
- Remove,garnish with fresh parsley and serve with rice or bread.
If you Love the Recipe, Please leave us a comment ! I would love to here from you!
More such recipes