I feel that I only end up cribbing about the challenges of having a baby and never really tell you how awesome it is! So here are some things which will tell you how happy parenting makes me!
Everytime he smiles and looks at me with those dynamite twinkly eyes something melts inside me!(like a choco lava cake.Sigh!!)
Everytime he does something new I feel like I have accomplished something akin to going to the moon!(like the little butt lifts he does when trying to turn!Like omg he can move so much!)
Everytime I am able to make him laugh I am actually rolling a video camera inside my brain so that I can keep playing that moment again and again
Every single time he quietens just by hearing my voice when he is scared , feeels so special!Like I am the most special person to someone!
Do you want to guess why I am in such an great mood?Cause baby has been sleeping for more than an hour and I have already made two recipes in this time and I feel sooo accomplished and hence all happy thoughts are pouring out of me.
But seriously baby V has brought us such laughter and positive energy in this house that even our plants are feeling the warmth!Everything is in bloom!
Now for the new recipe!I had one apple and I wanted to make it count.The most sure shot combination is apple and cinnamon and something that I hadn't made was an apple crumble muffin.So here it is!
The recipe is loosely based on the apple crumble muffin recipe from thespruce.com.The crumble topping is the one used in all my fruit crumbles(recipe for plum and cherry crumble).The muffin itself is super fluffy and almost forms a puddle in your heart when you eat it.
For the muffin
- 1 cup Apple diced
- 1 cup All purpose flour/Maida
- ¼ cup Butter
- 1 ¼ teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Egg
- 12/ cup Milk
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
For the Crumb Topping
- 2 tablespoon Muesli
- 1 tablespoon Maida/All purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon Butter-Cold-cut into squares
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Prepare the crumb mixture first.Mix the flour,muesli,cinnamon and sugar in a bowl.
- Rub the butter cubes into the mixture till everything is wet but not combined into a dough but the stage before.It will look like pea sized clumps.
For the Muffin
- Combine the flour,cinnamon,baking powder in a large bowl.
- In a food processor whizz together-egg,apple,vanilla essence,butter(at room temperature) and Brown sugar for half a minute.
- Pour the liquid batter in the dry ingredients.Combine well.
- Add the diced apple.
- Prepare the cupcake tray and line with muffin liners.
- Fill the muffin liners till ¾ height.
- Top with approximately 1 tablespoon of the crumble mixture on top.Press lightly.Repeat the process for other 5 cupcakes.
- Bake for 20 minute in a preheated oven at 180 degrees.
-The butter should be cold for the crumble and at room temperature for the muffins
I have used the below products for making of these muffins which can be easily bought online in india.