Pasta in Mushroom Butter Garlic Sauce – Pasta tossed in delicious browned butter garlic sauce with mushrooms and Italian herbs.Super Quick and Easy,30 minute recipe.
This 15 minute Pasta recipe is amazhing!
I should probably call it ANY pasta in ANYTHING butter sauce instead of Pasta in Mushroom Butter Garlic Sauce .Really.You can substitute the mushroom for anything- broccoli,cherry tomatoes, zuchinni, corn, peas, ham, bacon, chicken, chorizo, left over kebab..okay that is probably a stretch but it might just work!
My focus on the blog has been on healthy recipes.This is by no means balanced- it’s high on carbs and fat but it’s a recipe that’s always got my back.I ALWAYS have dried pasta and butter in the pantry which is really all you need to make this delicious pasta.It’s so so comforting and so much BETTER than ANY take out..not only in terms of calories but in terms of quality and taste!
It’s quite simple to make, which makes it so easy to put together on a hurried night when I don’t have the brain space to fight with my toddler about dinner.
Mushroom sautéed in butter and garlic, tossed with spaghetti.That’s it.That’s literally the synopsis of this recipe. Off course adding a few curls of parmesan does everybody a lot of good too.
How to make Pasta in Mushroom Butter Garlic Sauce
Step 1- Boil the pasta with salt as per the packet instructions.
Step 2- In a pan, add butter and olive oil.Add Garlic & herbs.
Step 3- Add Mushrooms and brown them.
Step 4- Add the cooked pasta with little pasta water.Give it a mix.
Step 5- Top with parmesan cheese and serve!
- Equipment used – Lodge Cast iron skillet.I find using the cast iron pan especially useful for recipes where caramelisation of ingredients is central to the recipe.You can read the review of lodge cast iron pan here.
- Healthier version- The recipe can be made healthier by swapping whole wheat pasta with regular pasta.Add more veggies and reduce the amount of butter.
- Different Pasta types- I use all kinds of pasta for this sauce.Our house favourites is penne especially with my son cause its easier to eat.
- Boil a large pot of water.Season it with a lot of salt.(the water should taste as salty as sea water).Add the spaghetti.Cook el dente.Drain and reserve 1/4 cup of pasta cooking water.
- Meanwhile ,heat a cast iron pan or a non stick pan – add butter and the olive oil.
- Once the butter melts, Add sliced mushrooms.Do not move the mushrooms in the pan for atleast 2 minutes.This will help in caramalisation.
- Add the garlic, give the mushrooms a mix and cook for another 5 minutes till the mushrooms wilt.
- Sprinkle over the dried herbs and chilli flakes.
- Add 1/4 cup of pasta water.Add the cooked pasta.
- Sprinkle about 1/4 cup of parmesan(optional).Mix toghther.
- Plate it and garnish with more parmesan.
Here are some more amazing pasta recipes and sauce to make your weeknights easy!2