Ghost Pretzels Halloween Treats- 3 ingredient White chocolate covered pretzel ghosts that hit the right spot between sweet and salty. These are Vegan & Gluten Free too.
Do you love Halloween but get stuck at making the treats? I have you covered!
The best halloween treats are those that don't have much work involved like making monsters with Oreos or Rice Cakes or making these spooky ghosts! And if children can participate then it's a clear win!
Make these spooky treats at home in just 5 minutes. All you need is 3 ingredients- White Chocolate, Pretzels and Candy eyes.
Once you get the hang of these, you will be making all kinds of fun treats! Like these green colored pretzel aliens!
Ingredients Halloween Pretzels
Okay you wont believe but you need only 3 ingredients. Yes that's it!
- White Chocolate
- Candy Eyes
Here are more details on them
White Chocolate- You can use white chocolate chips or just break a chocolate bar into small pieces.
If you have white candy melts then they work well too!
Pretzels- You need these small pretzels. They are the right shape to look like spooky ghosts when you add eyes to them they look amazing!
Candy Eyes- We make a tons of Halloween treats so we always have these candy eyes in the pantry. But if you don't have them on hand or just don't like the taste of them then you can also use chocolate chips or m&ms to make the eyes like we used in the alien pretzels recipe.
How to make Halloween Ghost treats with Pretzels
All you need is 1 bowl, a fork and a microwave. That's it! Really.
It helps if you have some parchment or butter paper.
Step 1: Melt the Chocolate
Add the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl
Make sure you have cut the chocolate to small pieces if you are using a chocolate bar. This will make sure the chocolate melts evenly and doesn't burn.
The trick to melting chocolate is doing it in small bursts. So microwave for 30 seconds, remove, stir and repeat till it's runny and silky.
You definitely do not want to set the timer to 2 minutes and walk away. The white chocolate will burn. That will be a complete waste!
You can also heat the chocolate in a double boiler. For that, add water to a small pot, Heat it .Let it simmer. Place a heat proof bowl with chopped chocolate on top. Stir and get it to a fluidy consistency.
Step 2: Dip
I use a deep, small bowl to dip the pretzels. This makes sure the chocolate remains warm for longer and there is enough depth to dip the pretzel.
Drop the pretzel in the melted white chocolate. Using a fork, take it out. Shake off the excess melted chocolate.
Keep it on a parchment lined tray. Repeat for all the pretzels.
Step 3: Add Eyes to the Ghost Pretzels
Add the eyes on the pretzel. Do not worry if its wonky. It adds to the charm of these ghosts. Making them spookier!
Step 4: Refrigerate
Once you have added eyes to all the pretzels, you need to refrigerate the white chocolate coated pretzels till the while chocolate solidifies.
This should take 10-15 minutes.
Once the chocolate is set, it's ready to be served & eaten!
Tips & Tricks
Here are some pointers on how to make these treats
- Don't go and buy chocolate chips just to make these. Use regular white chocolate bar to make these.
- Melt the chocolate in 30 second bursts
- If the chocolate is too thick, add ¼ teaspoon of coconut oil. Do not go overboard with this otherwise your chocolate wont melt.
- Let them cool completely before you pack these up. They are great treats to be packed in goody bags for kids or put on a halloween charcuterie board.
More Ideas with Pretzels & Chocolate
Here are some more cute Halloween treat ideas
- Pumpkin Pretzels - Dip the pretzels in orange candy melt and add a green m&m as the stem
- Pretzel Monsters- Dipped in blue or purple candy melt and add a few eyes.
- Ladybug pretzel- red candy melt and some eyes. Spots with an edible black marker
- Zombie pretzel - Dip in dark green candy melts. Add some chia seeds on top for hair. Add eyes!
- Pretzel Mummies - Drizzle some white chocolate on the pretzel. Add eyes.
More Easy Halloween Treats
Here are some more easy Halloween treats that you can make in 5 minutes!
Have more questions? Here are some commonly asked questions. I hope they answer all your doubts. If not, then do leave me a comment!
Why did my white chocolate burn
White Chocolate has a lower melting point. It goes from melted to burnt in no time! That's why you need to microwave the chocolate in bursts of 30 seconds.
Do not microwave the microwave for 2 minutes in one shot.Also, microwave in small batches.
Why is my chocolate hard after melting
When you overheat chocolate, it can skip the melted state and straight away go to hard, burnt stage.
To avoid this, we melt chocolate slowly, stirring often in the middle.
My Chocolate is very thick
If the chocolate is too thick, it will throw the balance of the sweet and salty pretzel. To help with that, add ¼ tsp( very tiny bit) of coconut oil to the microwaved chocolate.
Make sure not to overdo it. The chocolate will not set otherwise. Especially in humid hot areas.
If you make these ghost pretzels for halloween, drop me a comment. I would love to hear from you!
- Microwave the white chocolate in a bowl for 30 seconds. Remove, stir and repeat till the chocolate is silky and melted. Takes about 1-2 minutes
- Add the pretzel in the melted chocolate. Using a fork, shake off the excess chocolate. Place it on a parchment paper.
- Before the chocolate is solid, Add candy eyes on the two cavities of the pretzel.It's okay if its not perfect. The wonky eyes make the ghosts spookier.
- Place it in the refrigerator for 15 minutes or in the freezer for 5 minutes to set the candy melt.
- Serve or store in a air tight bag or box for up to 2 weeks.