Lebanese Tabouleh Salad
Indianised Lebanese Tabouleh using broken wheat or Dalia instead of Bulgar wheat
Servings 2 Cups
- 1/2 Cup cooked Dalia/Broken wheat/Bulgar Wheat
- 1 1/2 Cups of Chopped Parsley
- 1/3 Cup of cucumber
- 1/3 Cup of yellow pepper
- 1/2 Cup of green pepper
- 1/2 Cup Cherry Tomatos
- 10-12 Leaves of Mint-Cut into thin strips
- Juice of 1 lime or 1/2 Lemon
- Salt to Taste
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Cook the Dalia/Broken Wheat in 2 cups of water till its puffed but not sticky.Should take about 15-20 minutes.Use the Dalia when its el dente(just about cooked)
Cut the vegetables with a sharp knife into small cubes which have a bite but are small enough not to overpower.
Just Mix everything together in a bowl.Add the veggies, leaves first followed by the Extra Virgin Olive Oil, lemon juice and salt.
Your Salad is Ready!