Instant Pot Vegan Quinoa Chili
Instant Pot Vegan Chili made with Black Beans,Quinoa and Sweet Potatoes.This Instant Pot Quinoa Chili is Vegan,Gluten Free & Dairy Free.
- 2 Cup Black Beans* 2 15 ounce cans; Check Notes
- 1/2 Cup Quinoa Un cooked
- 2 Cups Diced Tomatoes 15 Ounce Can ; Fire Roasted would be nice; check notes
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 2 Cups Vegetable Broth or Water
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Celery Chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper Chopped
- 2 Sweet Potatoes Diced.(About 2 cups)
- 1 tbsp Cumin
- 1 tbsp Smoked Paprika or Cayenne Reduce if you like less spice
- Salt as per taste
- 1/2 Jalapeno Chopped
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Cocoa Powder Unsweetened
- 1 Cup Frozen Corn
- Cheddar Cheese
- Sour Cream or Greek Yogurt
Select the SAUTE setting and heat the instant pot.Add Oil and let it heat through.
Add the Onion and Bell Pepper.Cook till the onions turn translucent.
Add the Vegetable Broth and deglaze-Scrape any caramelized bits stuck to the pot.This is essential to avoid the BURN message.
To this add- Quinoa, Cooked Beans,Diced Tomatoes,Tomato Paste,Sweet Potatoes,Smoked Paprika,Cumin,Garlic and Salt.If using add- Jalapeno, cinnamon, cocoa powder and Frozen Corn.
Cancel SAUTE.Select PRESSURE COOK on HIGH for 10 minutes with the valve in SEALED position.
Let the pressure release naturally.Open the instant pot and give it a mix.
You can potentially use any kind of beans you have on you.Black beans,Red Kidney Beans,Black Eyed Peas or Pinto Beans.You can mix and match too.
This recipe calls for precooked beans so you can either use canned or cooked dried beans.
If using Dried Beans
My go to way of cooking dried beans for this recipe is
1 Cup beans+3 Cups water+Salt
35 minutes on HIGH PRESSURE with NPR(natural pressure release)
You can also pre soak the beans and then cook them as below
1 Cup beans+2 Cups water+Salt
20 minutes on HIGH PRESSURE with NPR(natural pressure release)
You can also use fresh tomatoes if you want.There are two ways of doing this
- Shortcut- Simply dice ripe tomatoes.
- Fire roast them on the stove to burn the skin a bit;Pulse them once in the blender.
Serving: 1.5Cups | Calories: 369kcal | Carbohydrates: 66.5g | Protein: 18.5g | Fat: 4.6g | Saturated Fat: 0.7g | Potassium: 1361mg | Fiber: 15g | Sugar: 8.8g | Calcium: 128mg | Iron: 7mg