My mind is a jumbled curry of a million things and I am rambling on and on about nonsense! Even the Harry Belafonte is not able to channel my thoughts into something specific.
I have started 5 word documents ,written two lines and then discarded them all because they have nothing to do with the fish I made. I am jumping from one topic to another thinking about what I am going to make next , to our europe trip , to the chocolate in my fridge! So without rambling more I am going to dive into this salmon dish that I ate yesterday.
Salmon is not only costly but difficult to procure in india.Even if you find it , you will have to haggle,beg and browbeat the butcher into filleting it instead of giving you hunks of badly cut fish!
I wanted to keep the aromatics simple so that I could actually taste the fish instead of the spices.You can amp it up by using other spice mixes also.
- Salmon fillet
- Thyme-few sprigs
- Garlic-3 cloves
- Lemon-1 wedge
- Olive oil-2 tsp
- Pepper-1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Season and Rub the fish lightly with Salt and pepper on all the sides.
- Heat oil in a flat pan.Add the thyme and smashed garlic cloves.
- Add the Fish.Skin side up and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes.
- Baste the fish with the olive oil and aromatics every few minutes.Add the lemon wedge at this stage and place it skin side up.
- Turn the fish to other side and cook for another 3 minutes.