This dish will leave you wanting more and more.It is a simple 5 ingredient sauce made of red bell peppers,garlic,olive oil,salt and chilli flakes. The peppers or red capsicums are roasted in the oven or straight on the fire to give a smoky flavor to the sauce.
The garlic was also roasted to increase the flavor and reduce the acidity and heat.I wrapped it in aluminum foil with some salt and olive oil and roasted it in the oven for 30 minutes.What you get at the end is a very gooey garlicy goodness without the tartness that you can use across cuisines.I remember my mother roasting garlic cloves on a very low heat tawa(pan) so you can do that also if you don’t want to bother with the oven.
The one thing that you can do to add texture to any kind of pasta is to garnish the pasta with extra virgin olive oil and some sea salt.When you taste the crunchy small bombs of sea salt with the pasta you can almost see food heaven!
- Red Bell Peppers/Capsicum- 2
- Garlic-1 whole with skin
- Spaghetti-1 portion/2 cups cooked pasta
- Olive oil-1/2 tbsp plus a drizzle
- Basil leaves-8-10 plus 4-5 for garnish dried basil
- Salt use sea or rock salt if you have
- Roast the peppers directly on fire till charred all around or in oven for 30 minutes.Take care to rotate the pepper for an even char.
- Roast 4-5 garlic cloves on very low pan or tawa. Alternatively, wrap the whole garlic in aluminum foil with some oil and salt.Roast in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Take the skin off the peppers and garlic.
- Blend the peppers,basil leaves and garlic with some wanter in a food processor till you get a smooth sauce.
- Heat 1/2 tsp oil in the pan.Add the sauce and reduce it for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the cooked pasta.
- Garnish with basil leaves and serve