- Baby Spinach and Carrot Salad
- Baby Spinach-1 1/2 cups
- Carrots-2 -Strips
- Cherry Tomoatos-8-Halved
- Sesame Oil-1 tsp
- Lemon Juice-1 tsp
- Chili flakes-1/2 tsp
- Soak the Raisins in warm water.
- Meanwhile ,Mix the oil,lemon,salt and chilli flakes to make the dressing.
- Combine the baby spinach,carrot strips and cherry Tomatos.
- Add the dressing just before serving to maintain the crunch of the veggies.
Do you think you can define a country’s flavor using a few ingredients?Like Italian flavors are Basil,Tomato,Garlic,Olive oil and Cheese in a nut shell? Thai cuisine is Lemon Grass, Coconut milk, Kaffir leaves and Galangal for a new cook? But how would you define Moroccan flavors? Moroccan cuisine is very spice centric. I did a little research and found five spices in all things Moroccan – Cumin, Mint, Cinnamon,Cardamom,Coriander.Ras-El-Hanout is a Moroccan Garam Masala which can have 10-100 spices in the blend.I wish I could get my hands on Ras-El-Hanout but it is not easily available in India. I will go in search for it but I couldn’t wait till then.
I saw Jamie Oliver make Tagine with a Raw Carrot salad once on television. I want to try my hand at it but i want to taste the authentic version of it before attempting it.I instead settled for a Moroccan inspired Grilled Chicken with Baby Spinach Salad.
- Moroccan Inspired Grilled Chicken
- Chicken Breast-1
- Olive Oil-1 tbsp
- Cumin powder-1/2 tsp
- Cinnamon Powder-1/2 tsp
- Paprika-1/2 tsp
- Sessame Seeds-1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Combine the spices for the rub.
- Gently rub spice mix on the chicken breast and let it marinade for 10-20 minutes.
- Heat a grill pan and add oil.Move the pan around so that its fully coated with oil.Remove excess oil if you want after this.
- Place the chicken on the Grill pan. You can place a plate and weigh it down by placing something heavy on it.
- Grill it for 2-3 minutes before turning the side and repeating the same steps for 2 minutes.
- Once cooked slice the chicken using a sharp knife.
Serve with your choice of protein or eat alone!0