Some days the baby doesn't sleep at all and my chipotle Tacos go unphotographed cause he is so cranky and some days he sleeps for 3 hours and I am scared to start making anything cause you don't know when he will wake up! Eternal Cycle of motherhood!
One thing I should say is that having a baby is a great motivator.While I was pregnant I hardly cooked anything worthy but now I have so many ideas floating in my brain and only a few hours a day to execute them.It's funny cause I had all the time on my hands before he came along and now I have to squeeze in 20 minutes of work in between his naps.This means I can't do elaborate recipes or decorations.Healthy Zucchini Bread
This recipe is fits in exactly with my schedule.It's healthy,made in 10 minutes(not counting the baking time) and made of a vegetable!
It took me only about 3 years to come around to the fact that this is a quick bread made with zucchini.
I have made a healthy version zucchini bread.If you want to have a cake everyday but are perpetually watching your weight like me(though unsuccessfully ) then this is the recipe you should use!
I have made this recipe even more nutrient packed by adding True elements seed mix which has pumpkin,flax and sunflower seeds.
The recipe for this zucchini bread is loosely based on my Healthy Fig Loaf recipe.So if you are looking for more healthy bread options do go give a peep there.Healthy Zucchini Bread
As this is a quick bread you don't have to worry about mixing wet and dry ingredients separately.This is a one bowl easy baking recipe.
- ⅓ cup Coconut Oil or Olive oil
- ½ cup honey or maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 ½ cups of grated Zucchini loosely packed
- pinch of salt
- 13/4 cup whole wheat or multigrain flour
- ½ cup + 1 tablespoon of mixed seeds- pumpkin sunflower seeds and flax seeds.
- Mix whole wheat flour,baking soda,cinnamon powder & a pinch of salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the Coconut oil,Honey,Vanilla extract,milk and break eggs into the same bowl.
- Mix with a spatula or using a hand held machine.
- Add Zucchini and mix by hand.
- Add the seeds and mix.
- Prepare a baking tin with parchment or baking paper.Sprinkle some seeds on the top.
- Bake at 180 degree for 30 minute
To make the bread lactose free use almond milk.
If you don't have seeds in hand use nuts like pecan or walnuts.
If you are baking in a loaf pan use a parchment sheet cut in such a way that it fits along the length.(see picture)
If you like this recipe and are looking for similar healthy baking options take a look at the below recipes
Healthy Banana Bread
Healthy Fig Loaf
Ragi Chocolate Chip Cookies(Finger Millet)
These are some of the products I used in making of this quick bread