Whole Wheat Banana Bread – Healthy Refined Flour Free, Refined Sugar Free Banana bread made with ripe bananas.
Here is presenting to you my most priced recipe of Healthy Whole Wheat Banana Bread without Butter or Oil.Also, here is another recipe of a healthy whole wheat flour tea cake that we love around the house!
I can’t believe this recipe! There is no sugar, no oil/butter and no refined flour but it is crazy delish!!!!I used normal Roti aata- multigrain flour but any whole wheat flour will work in this cake. You want to ask me the downside here right?
There ain’t none! The cake is moist,light,magical and you can’t help but gobble it up!You can eat this healthy banana bread for breakfast or as a tea time snack.It’s a great snack for kids too because it has bananas and curd and everything nice!(okay I tried my hand at rhyming but I am clearly very poor at it!).
Ingredients for Choco chip Banana Bread
The ingredients are very basic and are available in every household.
- Ripe Bananas
- Greek Yogurt
- Whole Wheat Flour
- Baking Soda
- Vanilla Extract
- Chocolate Chips
Did you notice literally no fat?I told you this was a winner banana bread recipe!
If you omit the chocolate chips and add dry fruits instead this Healthy Banana Bread without Butter or Oil can be made every more healthy.
I was feeling guilty when I ate (almost the the whole loaf in 2 days by myself )but then I had to remind myself that this is a whole wheat banana bread with honey– without any crappy ingredients in it!!So why the hell not!! Let’s make another one!:D
I used greek yoghurt but normal dahi/curd will also work.More ripe the bananas the sweeter the cake , so you can omit or add maple syrup/honey/date syrup accordingly.
Variations of whole Grain banana bread with Yogurt
if you dont like your whole wheat banana bread with Chocolate Chips, You could swap the chocolate chips for any of the below
- Nuts- almonds, pistachios,Walnuts
Okay the list is endless!
You might also like
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt(160 g plain ) or Thick Curd
- 2 Ripe Bananas medium sized
- 6 Tbsp maple syrup honey/date syrup/1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cups whole wheat flour aata/multigrain aata
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips/dried fruit/nuts optional
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees for 10 minutes
- Mix the mashed banana,eggs and yoghurt in a bowl.
- Add the sugar/maple syrup.This is an optional step and can be omitted for a healthier option.
- Add the vanilla extract and cinnamon.
- Add the flour and baking soda and mix well.
- In a prepared loaf pan pour the batter.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes.Check the cake at 30 and 40 minutes to see if it is too brown from the top.If the top is burning but the inside is not cooked ,cover the top with aluminium foil and cook for 10 more minutes.
- Cool,slice and enjoy