The past one year,I have been extremely inconsistent with my food choices.One quarter I couldn’t even smell food let alone eat it,the next quarter I over compensated by eating samosas everyday and the third quarter I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes so was on a strict diet.
There have been challenges after the delivery too but mostly in the form of lots of unsolicited advice! From the random person at the airport to the garbage lady , everybody has something to say about what I should and shouldn’t eat!
I had to list down some of them!
- I should not drink more than 3 glasses of water for first three 3 months!
- I should have water with vinegar mixed only.
- No Rice
- Nothing cold
- No spices and no chilli
- No Watermelon, papaya
- No milk products
- No cruciferous vegetables so no cabbage, broccoli
- No beans, radishes, peppers, capsicum
- No ladies finger because it causes cold
- No Green vegetables
- No Meat or fish
This list is only the food related advice.. Maybe I will list down the other very amazing(not) suggestions in another blog post!
Anyhow…between all those ups and downs I had lost my touch with food and now I am back with a bang!I am cooking something new almost everyday but i want to perfect the recipes before posting them here.
This recipe is extremely easy gluten free version of Quiche. It is a great make in advance breakfast and snack option. It’s easy to just heat it up in the microwave when the hunger attacks you suddenly.I sautéed the vegetables before putting them in the egg mixture but it’s not a requirement and the step can be easily skipped.
- Sauté the onion in oil till light brown. Add mushrooms and cook till the water evaporates.
- Add the spinach and sauté till it wilts. Add the salt and mixed herbs.
- Whip the eggs and milk together. Add the cheese.
- Pour the egg mixture in the ramekins. Add the spinach, mushroom and onion mixture.
- Top the prepared ramekins with halves of cherry tomatoes.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 20-30 minutes at 180 degrees till the desired amount of browning is achieved.
-The cherry tomatoes tend to burn faster than the rest of the dish.